Lewis County 74 George Rogers Clark 32

Final per the scoreboard.

Scoring as follows:

Lewis Co.

Highfield 8, Em. Frye 6, Fite 16, Thompson 13, Pick 8, Helphenstein 8, Cortez 2, Voyles 4, Anderson 17. Totals 74.

GRC

Glanton 1, Williams 4, Taylor 5, Terrel 3, Sy. Anderson 9, Skinner 8, Hardman 2. Totals 32

GRC in the midst of a 3 game skid.

Lewis County handles GRC

Wow, surprising margin.

I had the same thought as I was reading this. It was really early in the morning and I thought my eyes were having fun at my expense so i read over it again.

Question is: Is Lewis Co that good or was GRC having an extremely off night?

Lewis Co has 3 quality wins over 10th region teams (Mason, Campbell, GRC) with games versus Bishop Brossart (Dec. 27) and traveling to Harrison Co. (Jan. 3rd) upcoming in the next two weeks. Makes me tend to think they are legit.

I had the same thought as I was reading this. It was really early in the morning and I thought my eyes were having fun at my expense so i read over it again.

Question is: Is Lewis Co that good or was GRC having an extremely off night?

Lewis Co has 3 quality wins over 10th region teams (Mason, Campbell, GRC) with games versus Bishop Brossart (Dec. 27) and traveling to Harrison Co. (Jan. 3rd) upcoming in the next two weeks. Makes me tend to think they are legit.

They're pretty good. Mason County had them until a late 18-2 (or something like that) run gave the Lady Lions a 10-point win.

That being said, it must have been a "perfect storm" to produce the final margin here.

This Lewis County team is very good. It's been the "team we've been waiting for" since these ladies that are seniors were in middle school. Anderson and Emily Frye have been seeing varsity time since they were in middle school. Mackenzie Thompson has also developed into a very nice player to compliment those two. We are missing another big, in Erica Blake who played alongside Anderson since they were in grade school but she opted to not play her senior year. Coach Fite's daughter Jaycey is only a junior but has been playing travel ball with Emily Frye and Anderson since they were in grade school and she is as sharp a shooter as they come. She can go off with no warning. If there was ever a chance for Lewis to win the 16th in girls basketball, this would be the year. It just so happens to come on a year that Ashland and East Carter are absolutely loaded. I don't know much about GRC, but unless they are a top 5 team in the 10th, I'm not at all surprised by the final margin.

This Lewis County team is very good. It's been the "team we've been waiting for" since these ladies that are seniors were in middle school. Anderson and Emily Frye have been seeing varsity time since they were in middle school. Mackenzie Thompson has also developed into a very nice player to compliment those two. We are missing another big, in Erica Blake who played alongside Anderson since they were in grade school but she opted to not play her senior year. Coach Fite's daughter Jaycey is only a junior but has been playing travel ball with Emily Frye and Anderson since they were in grade school and she is as sharp a shooter as they come. She can go off with no warning. If there was ever a chance for Lewis to win the 16th in girls basketball, this would be the year. It just so happens to come on a year that Ashland and East Carter are absolutely loaded. I don't know much about GRC, but unless they are a top 5 team in the 10th, I'm not at all surprised by the final margin.

Most have them pegged as the top team in the 10th.

GRC has been picked by most to be the top team in the 10th.

As others have already stated GRC is/was the majority favorite to win the 10th and make a serious run in the State Tourny. Ive seen them ranked as high as 6th in the state at one time. Most recentily it the top 20. I am not "in the know" on all matters of GRC but there are some on here that are close to the program and hopefully they can give us a better insight on whats up in Winchester at this point in time :thumb: