Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Powell Co. Head Coach

Featured Replies

Powell is one of the biggest schools in the 14th and should be competitive each season. Of course Whitley County is one of the biggest in the 13th and we all know how well they have fared over the past 25 years. lol

  • Replies 31
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear they are waiting for job openings. I am told they currently don't have teaching positions for a couple of the quality applicants. Waiting to see if any teachers leave to open up a job or two. In typical fashion they will end up losing a quality guy because they can't or won't create a job opening.

Baker is a quality guy and he already has a teaching job in the system. What else could they be looking for?

A clean sweep maybe? I don't know but am told that there have been several quality applicants. Only had 15 or 16 kids in the entire program last year, grades 9-12. There was a problem when you have a school of almost 800 students and can only get 15 kids to play freshman,jv and varsity basketball. What the problem was I don't know but there was one. Not trying to bash anyone just telling it like it is.

I was scared to death when Powell's jv crushed a pretty good Lee County jv back in January. I thought that they had some great players coming up, and then basically the same team came onto the floor for the varsity. Powell should dominate the 56th and be a force in 14th on a regular basis, because of sheer numbers, but that just hasn't happened for some reason, because kids haven't been coming out, I guess, or transferring.

Coaching search is down to 3 from what I am told!

Who would that be????

Messer,Baker and Lively. Was told today that Lively turned down second interview and is staying in Jackson. I can't believe Hall isn't in the mix. i know he applied.

  • Author
Messer,Baker and Lively. Was told today that Lively turned down second interview and is staying in Jackson. I can't believe Hall isn't in the mix. i know he applied.

 

 

Messer would be my pick.

As of today Lively is back in the mix.

When did that change?

As of today Lively is back in the mix.

 

 

It would be a lot easier to win consistently at Powell than Jackson City.

If I were Lively and aspired to move to a better job, I would definitely leave now. After taking his team to the finals of the 14th for the 1st time in school history he is definitely a hot commodity and will likely never be as coveted again.

If I were Lively and aspired to move to a better job, I would definitely leave now. After taking his team to the finals of the 14th for the 1st time in school history he is definitely a hot commodity and will likely never be as coveted again.

 

Very true. The timing was perfect for Jackson City last year with a senior-team and most of the traditional powers having a down year.

Messer would be my pick.

I second that. He is a teacher of the game and a competitor. :fire:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.