Archbishop Moeller (OH) 58 Ryle 28

Final from Montgomery.

Sounds like it was close after 1 and then Ryle scored 3 in the 2nd qtr and 3 in the 3rd.

Do we not have any Ryle posters any longer?

You don't win many games with those kind of numbers. :eek:

When did we have Ryle hoops posters?

Moeller just has it rolling in all sports right now. Their football team won 2 state champions before being knocked out in the semis. Their BB program has been top notch for a LONG time now - Kremer can flat out coach and they normally are just stifling on D (as the 28 points by RYLE would show) and their baseball program is as good as any in Ohio...threat to win it all most years

Moeller just has it rolling in all sports right now. Their football team won 2 state champions before being knocked out in the semis. Their BB program has been top notch for a LONG time now - Kremer can flat out coach and they normally are just stifling on D (as the 28 points by RYLE would show) and their baseball program is as good as any in Ohio...threat to win it all most years

A lot of people think Moe basketball underachieves.

Some quick Moeller facts Clyde:

Last 5 years regular season records (could not find their tournament records) 16-4, 18-2, 17-3, 20-2, 19-1. 16-0 in GCL the last two years I believe. Kremer I believe has a career record of 403-135 (may not include last year) and has been a GCL champ or co-champ 16 of last 22 years. Kremer has led Mo to 3 state championships and one runner-up (none in the last 5 years though). If that is underachieving, I will take it.

Some quick Moeller facts Clyde: Last 5 years regular season records (could not find their tournament records) 16-4' date=' 18-2, 17-3, 20-2, 19-1. 16-0 in GCL the last two years I believe. Kremer I believe has a career record of 403-135 (may not include last year) and has been a GCL champ or co-champ 16 of last 22 years. Kremer has led Mo to 3 state championships and one runner-up (none in the last 5 years though). If that is underachieving, I will take it.[/quote']

The complaints stem from recent history. Right or wrong the feeling is he has underachieved in the tourney.

The complaints stem from recent history. Right or wrong the feeling is he has underachieved in the tourney.

Could be - I don't follow the program that close to opine one way or another. Lots of luck involved in advancing far in the state tournament. Overall though, a very solid program. When I looked up the stats, something jumped out at me. This is Scott Martin's 20th year at X. Schoenfeld, Kremer and Fleming have been at Elder, Mo and Lasalle LONGER than Martin has been at X. Talk about some veteran coaches at ALL FOUR GCL schools. On a side note, it also makes me feel old!!!!

The feeling is certainly out there. Not saying I agree with it, but the feeling is out there.

And, it does largely stem from postseason upsets. Last year losing a 13 point lead to Trotwood really got people chirping.

ggclfan posted Moeller's records the last five years, and they are impressive. Football records have always been impressive as well, but more than one coach has been shown the door for not winning state titles. Expectations are on another level at Moeller in all sports.

In regards to basketball, Moeller has had a ton of D-I players go through their doors over the years. Again, I'm not Kremer bashing, but Moeller always has top level talent.