Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 6 Cooper 0

Featured Replies

Congrats to NCC on the win.

 

Congrats to Cooper on a season to be proud of.

 

Yellow Card---Please continue to stick around and provide your soccer commentary through the post season. :thumb:

 

Thanks hoops! I'll be busy licking some wounds over the next couple of days while also watching to see who is able to advance out of our Region. I will be throwing my support behind whoever is able to pull out 2 more wins this week.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's keep in mind also that NCC is a very young team as well. I believe they replaced 7 starters from last seasons team that was a regional runner-up.

 

Good luck to all the remaining teams.

Let's keep in mind also that NCC is a very young team as well. I believe they replaced 7 starters from last seasons team that was a regional runner-up.

 

Good luck to all the remaining teams.

 

I realize that NCC had to replace a lot from last year so they may have lacked some experience early in the season but I'm not sure I would consider them a young squad, sounds like I am talking about youth and you might be looking at experience. I was under the impression that they have very few in their normal rotation that are underclassman, are you able to confirm this. They definitely have some great Senior leadership and if they continue to play as they did last night they could make a nice run in the post season.

 

Conversely, Cooper was very young this year, and also lacked post season experience. The good news is that most of these boys will be back next year, last night their starters were 2 Seniors, 3 Juniors, 4 Sophomores and 2 Freshman.

  • Author

Congrats to NCC on their win, well deserved.

 

That being said, NCC looked like a completely different team last night than when they played Cooper on September 6th. Are we sure they didn't play a Boone card and dress their parents and put them on the field? J/K

 

No, I do not think they had a weak game schedule. The boys did a fantastic job this season, and should be very proud.

Congrats to NCC on their win, well deserved.

 

That being said, NCC looked like a completely different team last night than when they played Cooper on September 6th. Are we sure they didn't play a Boone card and dress their parents and put them on the field? J/K

 

No, I do not think they had a weak game schedule. The boys did a fantastic job this season, and should be very proud.

 

Welcome to BGP "onesperspective"!!!

 

Your theory about the parents playing might have some merit... TexasTea was just reminding people that NCC is a very young team... it could all be part of the cover-up.

I was so proud of the season the young Jags had,and congrats to NCC for a solid win in every aspect last night.

this was only the 2nd game I got to watch this year and my thoughts.

 

NCC was very big and much faster than Cooper last night. NCC had some great touches which led to some great passing and a lot of chances inside the box. Cooper's defense came out very flat. Through most of the first half Cooper was caught just standing around as NCC's speed would simply out pass and run right past the Jag defenders. The few time the Jags defenders would get a touch it was more like touch and done, their passing wasn't on target and would immediatly turn the ball over. The Jags also had some issues with lack of communications at times where they would just stand there as the ball would go between 2 defenders while NCC would always seem to have someone moving to the ball.

 

Once the Jags defense seemed to figure it out they were down 2-0 and that is when they finally started getting some good touches and moving forward. The second half was actually better for the Jags but Unfortunatly for them NCC took advantage of just about every time they pushed the ball into the box with some nice passing and touches in the penalty area and their 4 goals that half showed just how much they took advantage.

 

NCC really looked like they were firing on all cylinders last night and if they play like this the rest of the tourney they have a shot at going far. Cooper is so young it's hard to be dissapointed with how they played. Only 2 seniors and this only their 2nd loss of the year has us Jag fans excited for the future! In response to the weak schedule comment made, as YC stated, they are 5-1 against teams that made it to the regionals, not too shabby. Also seeing how tough the 9th region is, I'd find it tough to say anyone who plays 9th reign teams has a weak schedule.

 

The best part of last night, meeting YellowCard. What a great ambassador to have for not only Cooper Soccer, but high school soccer in general.

You are correct. NCC has been very blessed over the past 5 years to have close to 60 kids in their soccer program (Freshman, JV and Varsity). This has allowed them the time to develop kids at the right level and move them to the Varsity level at the right time.

 

Last night they started 7 seniors and 4 juniors. This has been the formula for the past few years and not having to rely on younger classmen as much. However, some sophomores and freshmen have had opportunities to play a few varsity games during the season as the schedule permitted.

Kinda what I figured was the case with the boys I saw last night, their experience showed. The formula coach McDonald has in place is working well at NCC, a big kudos to him, I feel that Cooper is headed in that direction but it will take some time.

 

I also know that he has been able to get his younger boys some time at the Varsity level this year and it will serve them well to be able to learn in less stressful situations.... I was also glad to see his lone Freshman get a goal in last nights match.

It was great meeting you last night as well Hellbird, I'm sorry that we did not have more time to chat and that meeting me was the best part last night.

 

Thanks from my son for coming out and supporting them last night, he hopes to be able to meet you in the future.

It was great meeting you last night as well Hellbird, I'm sorry that we did not have more time to chat and that meeting me was the best part last night.

 

Thanks from my son for coming out and supporting them last night, he hopes to be able to meet you in the future.

I'm going to adopt your boy to fill my High School sports fix. I will,be following him the next couple years until he graduates. When I saw my boy light up when I told him your boy said to say hey when I was up at his football game the other week I knew right away how much he really respects your boy. I was always happy that my boy treated underclassmen as his peers which allowed him to get to know your boy when mine was a senior and yours a freshman. He keeps asking me how he's doing everytime I mention Cooper Soccer.

 

So I hope you don't mind but you'll find me at more and more games until your boy graduates. Corey wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I didn't keep him up to date on how well he's doing with the Jags.

Mind??? Not at all, I would even be happy for you to develop some sort of Club Soccer infatuation ASAP!!! It would be great to have another parent to share in the carpools for our local matches, and another driver for the long weekend trips that we will be making this Nov and Dec, they are in warmer weather sites, the Spring schedule looks pretty good as well.

 

In all seriousness, it was great to have the added support at our matches and I look forward to seeing you at some future events.

I'm going to adopt your boy to fill my High School sports fix. I will,be following him the next couple years until he graduates. When I saw my boy light up when I told him your boy said to say hey when I was up at his football game the other week I knew right away how much he really respects your boy. I was always happy that my boy treated underclassmen as his peers which allowed him to get to know your boy when mine was a senior and yours a freshman. He keeps asking me how he's doing everytime I mention Cooper Soccer.

 

So I hope you don't mind but you'll find me at more and more games until your boy graduates. Corey wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I didn't keep him up to date on how well he's doing with the Jags.

 

 

Stalker

Stalker, Supporter, Parent, Students, etc....

 

Whatever it takes to fill the stands!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.