Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

T & C Indoor VS NBN Futsal

Featured Replies

What's everyone's thoughts on playing T&C indoor vs NBN Futsal. My sons U10 club team is going to switch to the futsal league this winter instead of T & C indoor. I personally love the idea. I think indoor makes kids lazy and teaches them bad habits on trying to win a ball and getting around players by using the walls.

 

Thanks

What's everyone's thoughts on playing T&C indoor vs NBN Futsal. My sons U10 club team is going to switch to the futsal league this winter instead of T & C indoor. I personally love the idea. I think indoor makes kids lazy and teaches them bad habits on trying to win a ball and getting around players by using the walls.

 

Thanks

 

I think indoor creates a lot of bad habits, I agree, so I think Futsal is always a better option. Kids develop improved ball skill and they become very proficient with short quick passes, angles, and through balls.

Or you could get in leagues at Wall to Wall in Mason that play full sided games with no walls at all.

T&C is just to small for u10 indoor anyways. The small field is perfect for u8, and that's it. The big field is obviously to big.

Indoor can be good for a team if done properly. However, futsal or ginga is a better option.

Gametime up in the Tri-county/Fairfield area also has indoor leagues with no walls.

What's everyone's thoughts on playing T&C indoor vs NBN Futsal. My sons U10 club team is going to switch to the futsal league this winter instead of T & C indoor. I personally love the idea. I think indoor makes kids lazy and teaches them bad habits on trying to win a ball and getting around players by using the walls.

 

Thanks

 

Everything has merit. Depends on the coaching emphasis. I don't mind players using walls as long as it is off of a great turn and comes in a natural movement. Shows me that they are learning. When they are faced up and use the wall, not a huge fan, unless it is controlled. Plus it keeps players in sprinting shape. Futsal for overall foot skills is tough to beat. Your touch has to be perfect and it forces you to make very quick decisions. I like the NBN league. However, this year Kings Academy had futsal nights on Wed and that was at no additional fee. That was perfect.

Just saw mexitucky's post then realized I liked a post from October. :lol2:

 

Anyway, I agree with the assessment that futsal is going to help a great deal with ball control and foot skills that sometimes the hardest thing to really cultivate. I personally like futsal as the offseason option.

I feel that Futsal or Ginga is a much better option, for all the reasons that have been mentioned. It also seems that the people you see playing there are more interested in improving soccer skills, I do not think that is the case for a large portion of the people that are playing in the indoor leagues.

 

The other factor is that I think that there is less chance of injury at the hands of your opposition. I see way too many kids ran into the walls at T&C, the majority of the time, the refs do not call a foul on these types of plays unless it is very blatant. At times, I would describe the indoor soccer at T&C as a cross between Ice Hockey and Soccer.

I feel that Futsal or Ginga is a much better option, for all the reasons that have been mentioned. It also seems that the people you see playing there are more interested in improving soccer skills, I do not think that is the case for a large portion of the people that are playing in the indoor leagues.

 

The other factor is that I think that there is less chance of injury at the hands of your opposition. I see way too many kids ran into the walls at T&C, the majority of the time, the refs do not call a foul on these types of plays unless it is very blatant. At times, I would describe the indoor soccer at T&C as a cross between Ice Hockey and Soccer.

 

The slide tackling is what makes me the angriest. Officials let bad tackles go w/out even a warning.

The slide tackling is what makes me the angriest. Officials let bad tackles go w/out even a warning.

 

Agree with you on that.

 

Here is an example of the disparity you can also see at an indoor match and this typically is not the case in Futsal.

 

I actually watched a match at T&C yesterday afternoon that ended 8-7. The winning team scored a couple decent goals but the majority of their points came when they bulldozed their way to the goal and forced the ball in the net by continuing to just chop and hack at the ball. Most of this was allowed to happen by the ref, I think he only called them for a foul on two instances. The other team was attempting to play soccer, they moved the ball around, played out of the back, and I think that all 7 of their goals were from making a move and then taking a shot.

Agree with you on that.

 

Here is an example of the disparity you can also see at an indoor match and this typically is not the case in Futsal.

 

I actually watched a match at T&C yesterday afternoon that ended 8-7. The winning team scored a couple decent goals but the majority of their points came when they bulldozed their way to the goal and forced the ball in the net by continuing to just chop and hack at the ball. Most of this was allowed to happen by the ref, I think he only called them for a foul on two instances. The other team was attempting to play soccer, they moved the ball around, played out of the back, and I think that all 7 of their goals were from making a move and then taking a shot.

 

At least they tier the leagues now. Division one, at least on the Boys' side has started to be filled by club teams, or at worst, high school teams playing together. Division 2 is more for fun, and that is where I have seen the refs allow waaaayyy too much. If a player doesn't know how to go into a challenge, and a ton of those kids don't, you need to step in just to protect the other players. For whatever reason, that is the division where the refs are the most laxed. Maybe not enough parents complain at that level since it is just for fun?

I feel that Futsal or Ginga is a much better option, for all the reasons that have been mentioned. It also seems that the people you see playing there are more interested in improving soccer skills, I do not think that is the case for a large portion of the people that are playing in the indoor leagues.

 

 

NKY just needs a new facility that can house multiple futsal fields and even no-wall fields. I've watched a few no-wall and wall games up in Ohio, and the style of play is definitely different. The no-wall games seem to be more about soccer compared to the walled games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.