Lexington Catholic 57 Scott County 55

WOW, I am surprised with such a low scoring game between these two teams. Who played the slow down game, Scott County or did both teams just play very deliberate? Congrats to LexCath but from what you said about the Lady Knight not having a lead until the horn sounded, then congrats to the Lady Cardinals to for almost pulling off the upset....

Now will LexCath have a game in the Sweet Sixteen closer than a 15/20 point win? I really doubt it.......

This wasn't a great back and forth slug fest of big baskets really. Lex Cath's defense played tough all day but their offense really struggled at times which was a good reason for why they trailed most the game. Nikki Davis and Anaris Sickles did not play well in my opinion. Lex Cath really rode the backs of their two sophmore stars, Briana Green and Natalie Novosel. Snowden also was a huge help in the first half w/ ten points. Stevenson going down didn't help the Knights any by stealing away some height and also taking away Sickles' main replacement. The Knights fought hard near the end today and the game winning play was pretty awesome. However, it did bring back memories of UK-Duke and not guarding the person throwing it inbounds.

For Scott Co. they really played well in the first and tried to slow the game down as much as possible in the second. Gray started off hot in the first but was held in check a lot of the second half. Lymon really played hard all game and had some nice drives to the basket throughout. Still, Scott Co. needs more ballhandlers than just her, Lex Cath really exploited Scott Co's lack of great ballhandlers late causing many tie ups or steals. Lymon was called on a lot to try and take on half the Lady Knights team. Scott did have some good additions though by 34 and 10 throughout the game. Both of these teams aren't lacking on talent. Scott Co. played a great game today, and had a great season all year, it almost doesn't seem fair that either of these teams would have to end their season without even making it to the Sweet 16 just because they are in the same region.

It is a shame that Coach Helton and the Lady Cardinals are not advancing. Lex. Catholic is a great team. I have to add--- If the private schools dominated the Boys state they way they have dominated the girls, we would have had a different classification system by now.

To people that were there:

I thought it wasn't a good showing for SC when the coach took the girls to the locker room during the regional presentations. He had 3 girls on the team, including the MVP, and they weren't out on the floor to collect their awards.

Typically I might be inclined to agree, but I'd say frustrations existed here even more so than typically. This was by far the second best team in the state this year and they weren't far from being the best. To lose this game, this way, definately had to hurt. Lymon actually did go out to collect her MVP award which I felt was right but I definately got to feel for the girls, it was a tough loss. The team and coach for Scott Co. did fine in my opinon and shook hands with the Lady Knights congratulating them on a big win.