Hazard 66 JBS 63 2 OT

It was a great game. Even though JBS didnt come out on top they ended the season at 23-6 and I think finally earned the respect of people in the region. I dont think anyone will overlook JBS for many years to come. Cox was awesome and people in the crowd were amazed he was just an eight grader. Good luck next season to JBS.........

I passed up going to the games tonight and what a mistake that was. I listened to the game and it was great. A buzzer beater in regulation and two teams that wouldnt give up. Now Hazard has the task of taking on Jackson City for a trip to the sweet 16. Good Luck to the Bulldogs.

JBS had a great season and has young team that has a load of potential for the next couple of years. Stepp and Cox will help to see that JBS gets another shot at the state before they leave.

I made it to the game last night....finally.

We had to listen to the first half of the Buchanan-Hazard game on the radio because we were stuck in traffic for 30 minutes on the road leading up to the entrance to KCC. Then we had to park at the top of the hill at the baseball park....I spent the whole night dreading to have to hike it back up that mountain after the games:scared: .....but it was good excercise, which I need anyway....even if I did have to stop 4 times to catch my breath.:lol:

Two really great games last night! JBS had a chance at the end but turned the ball over....probably too much dribbling by Stepp. I believe I would have tried to got the ball to the hot handed Cox, but in a tense moment like that decisions have to be made quickly.....Hazard simply made a good defensive stance and stole the ball from Stepp.

The Crusaders will definitely be heard from for the next several years, no doubt about that.

I was REALLY impressed with Jackson City's Kyle Howard. He has the heart of a lion......well, I guess a Tiger. When he was injured late in the game I thought Jackson was finished, but he came back, gimpy at that, to hit a huge 3 and keep the Tigers in the game. Jackson City's kids just won't give up.

I hope Howard's injury isn't too severe. They'll really need him tonight agaist an athletic Bulldog team.

Have you heard anything about him playing somewhere else?

There has been some rumors of a couple of kids leaving JBS but it looks like all things are coming together for all the kids to remain at JBS. There are many schools that would like to get Cox but it looks like he will play his high school ball at JBS. He is an exceptional talent and has an unbelievable future.

The Collins kid will return as a sophomore next year and probably be 6'10" by then. The future looks bright for the Crusaders....