Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

At the ALMOST halfway point of the NKY Football Season

Featured Replies

Give me some of your TOP 10 players you have seen in NKY this season, at this point. Let's keep to 10 guys.

In no specific order..

 

1. Beau Hoge (HHS)

2. Andrew "Cowboy" Abner (HHS)

3. Brett Slusher (Beechwood)

4. Kyle Fieger (Beechwood)

5. Alex Venneman (HHS)

6. Carson Plessinger (CC)

7. Brendan Johnson (Dixie)

8. Colson Machlitt (Dixie)

9. Cameron Pitzer (CCH)

10. Sam Murrer (CCH)

  • Author
In no specific order..

 

1. Beau Hoge (HHS)

2. Andrew "Cowboy" Abner (HHS)

3. Brett Slusher (Beechwood)

4. Kyle Fieger (Beechwood)

5. Alex Venneman (HHS)

6. Carson Plessinger (CC)

7. Brendan Johnson (Dixie)

8. Colson Machlitt (Dixie)

9. Cameron Pitzer (CCH)

10. Sam Murrer (CCH)

 

Very nice list, here is my list, it's similar

in no specific order

1) Beau Hoge ( HHS )

2) Brett Slusher ( Beechwood )

3) Sam Murrer ( Cov. Cath )

4) Cameran Pitzer ( Cov. Cath )

5) Colson Machlitt ( Dixie )

6) Branden Johnson ( Dixie )

7) Luke Zajack ( Dixie )

8) Barry Deaton ( SK )

9) Logan Winkler ( SK )

10) Christian Olmstead ( SK )

 

Excellent group of players in the NKY area, best of luck the rest of the way gentlemen.

Whoever the right defensive end for Dixie is, and I'm sure that he is on the list, would be in my top 3. If he ever learns to vary his rush moves, watch out. His swim is pretty good.

  • Author
Very nice list, here is my list, it's similar

in no specific order

1) Beau Hoge ( HHS )

2) Brett Slusher ( Beechwood )

3) Sam Murrer ( Cov. Cath )

4) Cameran Pitzer ( Cov. Cath )

5) Colson Machlitt ( Dixie )

6) Branden Johnson ( Dixie )

7) Luke Zajack ( Dixie )

8) Barry Deaton ( SK )

9) Logan Winkler ( SK )

10) Christian Olmstead ( SK )

 

Excellent group of players in the NKY area, best of luck the rest of the way gentlemen.

 

MONSTER Game from Slusher on Sat. against Cov. Cath, and congrats to Sam Murrer for the Miami. OH commit, Great job gentlemen.

Torrey Cordell Armstrong (Cooper)

Roberto London (Scott)

 

Those two, in my opinion, are up close to the top 10 in the area

I think if any RB is on the list that doesn't include Torey Cordell-Armstrong then that list is very flawed.

 

Torey according to the NKYFootball.net is leading the entire area in rushing yards.

He is also averaging over 6 yards a carry and also top 10 out of all offensive players in TD's

The last NKY sports stats that I have seen have Mason Compton of Walton leading NKY. Mason Compton is also the TD leader with 12. Here are his stats.

 

Mason Compton(Walton-Verona) 99 attempts 650 yards 6.6 average 12 TD's

Will Latimore (Walton-Verona) 43 attempts 612 yards 14.2 average 6 TD's

 

In my opinion this has to be one of the best RB combo's in NKY.

  • Author
I think if any RB is on the list that doesn't include Torey Cordell-Armstrong then that list is very flawed.

 

Torey according to the NKYFootball.net is leading the entire area in rushing yards.

He is also averaging over 6 yards a carry and also top 10 out of all offensive players in TD's

 

I'm sure he's a top 5 running back in NKY, but the two times I have seen him play, a lot of his yardage was after the game had been decided. Yes he's a nice player, just don't know if he's a top 10 in NKY player, that's all. JMO.

  • Author
The last NKY sports stats that I have seen have Mason Compton of Walton leading NKY. Mason Compton is also the TD leader with 12. Here are his stats.

 

Mason Compton(Walton-Verona) 99 attempts 650 yards 6.6 average 12 TD's

Will Latimore (Walton-Verona) 43 attempts 612 yards 14.2 average 6 TD's

 

In my opinion this has to be one of the best RB combo's in NKY.

 

Keep in mind guys, what if these players played against HHS, SK, DIXIE, CC, Beech, and Cov. Cath, Ryle, Cooper,each week. I'm sure these players are very nice players, just don't know if they are in the TOP 10 in NKY that's all.

I would have to agree that a 2A team would have a tough time against the big boys. I am definitely not saying Walton plays near the schedule that the schools you have mentioned played. Not even close. I do however believe that either one of the two players could compete on any team in NKY. Mason Compton is a work horse and Will Latimore is a game changer on both offense and defense. Im not saying they would be tops if they were running behind SK, Cooper, or Cov Caths line but I imagine they would be competitive.

 

I also like Armstrong (Cooper), Johnson (Dixie), Belk (Ryle)

  • Author

I see your point, but this is a TOP 10 Players in NKY

I would have to agree that a 2A team would have a tough time against the big boys. I am definitely not saying Walton plays near the schedule that the schools you have mentioned played. Not even close. I do however believe that either one of the two players could compete on any team in NKY. Mason Compton is a work horse and Will Latimore is a game changer on both offense and defense. Im not saying they would be tops if they were running behind SK, Cooper, or Cov Caths line but I imagine they would be competitive.

 

I also like Armstrong (Cooper), Johnson (Dixie), Belk (Ryle)

 

I see your point, but remember this is a TOP 10 Players in NKY Thread.

The question is when doing these type of polls is, are we saying the Top 10 players as in best football players, or who are have the more impressive years (that has a lot to do w/ system, quality of the team, quality of teams played, etc...)?

  • Author

Now that this season is coming to an end. Here are the BEST players I have seen this season in NKY.

 

First Offense: Hoge ( Highlands )

Moore ( Dixie )

Venneman ( Highlands )

Winkler ( SK )

Murrer ( Cov. Cath )

Olmstaed ( SK )

England ( Ryle )

Powell ( SK )

Zajac ( Dixie )

Slusher ( Beechwood )

 

Top Defensive Players:

 

Wolfe ( Ryle )

Deaton ( SK )

Johnson ( Dixie )

Machlitt ( Dixie )

Johnson ( Newport )

 

Here is my TOP players on O,and D, there is a tie in both catagories: Offense Hoge and Moore, both lead in a catagory. Hoge passing with almost 2,900 yards. Moore in rushing for almost 1,200 yards. Defense Wolfe with the most tackles in NKY with 135 and Machlitt with 12 sacks, and 25 TFL as well. Again congrats to ALL these young men on outstanding seasons. Again JMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.