9th. Circuit Court

cammando

Most of the cases they are involved in do tend to be left-leaning. The ACLU responds to whomever requests their assistance if their civil rights have been violated. As a general rule, civil rights violations tend to be committed by the majority/mainstream, a mob that seems to lack the capacity to even so much as imagine that anybody could possibly see it from a different angle as theirs.

Did the WVa teen seek out the ACLU's help? It's right in their ballpark. If he did not ask them for help, well … :idunno:

So you are saying the ACLU never gets involved without being asked for their assistance? They never contact the party to offer assistance?

So you are saying the ACLU never gets involved without being asked for their assistance? They never contact the party to offer assistance?

I suppose they're no different than an ambulance-chasing lawyer in that regard. They can offer, but you can refuse their help if you choose.

I have no idea. I was in Mexico twice for Cinco de Mayo. Believe me, as a 20 year-old college student, I was pumped to celebrate good ol' May 5th in the land of its origin. Nothing, crickets. I have no idea why it is celebrated here. I know that Puebla celebrates it, but it's not exactly like the whole country does.

Maybe it's a unifying thing for ex-pats and immigrants? Until 20 years ago, my understanding is that people in Ireland mostly went to church on St. Patrick's Day and that it was much more of a celebration in the USA than it was on the Emerald Isle, presumably because it was a unifying thing for those living here.

Maybe it's a unifying thing for ex-pats and immigrants? Until 20 years ago, my understanding is that people in Ireland mostly went to church on St. Patrick's Day and that it was much more of a celebration in the USA than it was on the Emerald Isle, presumably because it was a unifying thing for those living here.

Makes perfect sense, but why not celebrate a battle from a war that you actually won?