Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 63 Barren County 0

Featured Replies

The Purples roar back from their first loss since the 2010 playoffs and enter the district race this year successfully with a 63-0 whitewash of the Barren County Trojans.

 

Junior RB Jamele Carothers is the only player to score more than once on a TD tonight (one rushing, one receiving). Three different passers threw at least one TD pass (QBs Campbell Gott and Clark Payne, and RB Jacob Yates). Senior TE Dane Drobocky, junior DB Tre Boards, and junior RB Danzell White score their first TDs of the season! BGHS perfect on all PATs tonight.

 

BGHS is 5-1 overall and 1-0 in district play. Next week, the Purples host district rival Logan County at the Hallowed Ground Thursday before Fall Break. Sic 'em, Purple!!!:thumb:

MCCallie pounded Ensworth

McCallie pounding Ensworth gives me more confidence that Purples get another ring this year. Our Defense only has to show up against WCHS and Pulaski.

 

I think we go for 4peat!

McCallie pounding Ensworth gives me more confidence that Purples get another ring this year. Our Defense only has to show up against WCHS and Pulaski. I think we go for 4peat!

 

I honestly think Pulaski is only one with a shot, and even that is fading IMO. You have to tip your cap to BG. When you think they're gonna come back to the pack they just push it further.

MCCallie pounded Ensworth

Very interesting Antwan! This will shock some people. But not me, I know McCallie is good. Don't think many truly believe in them. Maybe now they will.

Very interesting Antwan! This will shock some people. But not me, I know McCallie is good. Don't think many truly believe in them. Maybe now they will.

 

I agree. This definitely makes McCallie a threat for the DII title also. All of those teams are good. Ensworth will be hard to beat come playoff time.

Very interesting Antwan! This will shock some people. But not me, I know McCallie is good. Don't think many truly believe in them. Maybe now they will.

 

Another game of interest...Blackman came from way down to beat Independence 43-42. They were at least 21 down early...may have been more.

Blackman was down 35-14 at the end of 3. Scored 29 points in 4th to win.

  • Author

Hey Antwan, kudos to the Blaze for not giving up on that game...truly impressive comeback! Many teams would have folded their tent by then, but they didn't!

Blackman was down 35-14 at the end of 3. Scored 29 points in 4th to win.

 

Very good team as I know you realize Antwan! They will be a tough out in the playoffs too!

  • Author

Why do the threads on BGHS Purples always have to be thread jacked? For years certain teams in the past used to do this.....Blackman is now doing it! I guess that is what you get when you are good.....However, I am getting this tread back on track by saying great job Purples! Looking forward to seeing my friends, the players, family at the Thursday game! I love this time of year.....GREAT PURPLES FOOTBALL on wonderfully wonderful nights!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.