Bowling Green 63 Barren County 0

PurpleHaze

The Purples roar back from their first loss since the 2010 playoffs and enter the district race this year successfully with a 63-0 whitewash of the Barren County Trojans.

Junior RB Jamele Carothers is the only player to score more than once on a TD tonight (one rushing, one receiving). Three different passers threw at least one TD pass (QBs Campbell Gott and Clark Payne, and RB Jacob Yates). Senior TE Dane Drobocky, junior DB Tre Boards, and junior RB Danzell White score their first TDs of the season! BGHS perfect on all PATs tonight.

BGHS is 5-1 overall and 1-0 in district play. Next week, the Purples host district rival Logan County at the Hallowed Ground Thursday before Fall Break. Sic 'em, Purple!!!:thumb:

McCallie pounding Ensworth gives me more confidence that Purples get another ring this year. Our Defense only has to show up against WCHS and Pulaski. I think we go for 4peat!

I honestly think Pulaski is only one with a shot, and even that is fading IMO. You have to tip your cap to BG. When you think they're gonna come back to the pack they just push it further.

Very interesting Antwan! This will shock some people. But not me, I know McCallie is good. Don't think many truly believe in them. Maybe now they will.

I agree. This definitely makes McCallie a threat for the DII title also. All of those teams are good. Ensworth will be hard to beat come playoff time.

Very interesting Antwan! This will shock some people. But not me, I know McCallie is good. Don't think many truly believe in them. Maybe now they will.

Another game of interest...Blackman came from way down to beat Independence 43-42. They were at least 21 down early...may have been more.

Why do the threads on BGHS Purples always have to be thread jacked? For years certain teams in the past used to do this.....Blackman is now doing it! I guess that is what you get when you are good.....However, I am getting this tread back on track by saying great job Purples! Looking forward to seeing my friends, the players, family at the Thursday game! I love this time of year.....GREAT PURPLES FOOTBALL on wonderfully wonderful nights!!!!