Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 48 Bracken County 6

Featured Replies

Final from Brooksville

Bracken Co shouldn't even have a program.

Bracken Co shouldn't even have a program.

 

Wow that seems a little harsh. :no: Yeah they haven't won a game this yr. the haven't had a close loss. But it wasn't too long ago that Bracken had a winning record and was in the playoffs. This yrs team is extremely young this season. There are many freshman and Sophmores and not too many upperclassmen.

 

This season will be a rough one but with all these young ppl on the team the hope is with each season these freshman and Sophmores get better and better and by the time they are juniors and seniors and with the development of the middle school program the polar bears will be competitive.

 

It's not like we have been playing football in Bracken County for the last 50 years. :ohbrother: Theses things take time and sometimes it takes a little longer than usuall. :thumb:

Wow that seems a little harsh. :no: Yeah they haven't won a game this yr. the haven't had a close loss. But it wasn't too long ago that Bracken had a winning record and was in the playoffs. This yrs team is extremely young this season. There are many freshman and Sophmores and not too many upperclassmen.

 

This season will be a rough one but with all these young ppl on the team the hope is with each season these freshman and Sophmores get better and better and by the time they are juniors and seniors and with the development of the middle school program the polar bears will be competitive.

 

It's not like we have been playing football in Bracken County for the last 50 years. :ohbrother: Theses things take time and sometimes it takes a little longer than usuall. :thumb:

 

Well said. I graduated from Bracken before they started football. There's no reason in my mind for anyone to consider shutting the program down. Very young team. They will grow. They need your support.

Well said. I graduated from Bracken before they started football. There's no reason in my mind for anyone to consider shutting the program down. Very young team. They will grow. They need your support.

 

Same here I wish we had a football program when I attended Bracken. Would have been a boatload of fun.

From what I can gather BC is currently starting 1 JR, the rest of their team is FR/SO out of around 25 kids on roster. They have some nice athletes but they are just out muscled right now from the looks of it, no need for tearing a team down for being young, it happens with all small rural schools at some time or another.

Wow that seems a little harsh. :no: Yeah they haven't won a game this yr. the haven't had a close loss. But it wasn't too long ago that Bracken had a winning record and was in the playoffs. This yrs team is extremely young this season. There are many freshman and Sophmores and not too many upperclassmen.

 

This season will be a rough one but with all these young ppl on the team the hope is with each season these freshman and Sophmores get better and better and by the time they are juniors and seniors and with the development of the middle school program the polar bears will be competitive.

 

It's not like we have been playing football in Bracken County for the last 50 years. :ohbrother: Theses things take time and sometimes it takes a little longer than usuall. :thumb:

 

Don't forget that was achieved with 2 transfers, one who was an outstanding athlete on both sides of the ball(Cole McClain), who left the very next year,along with the other player and the Coach. That being said, if you have driven by the Germantown Park over the past several years every night between 6-8 you would see a huge amount of kids between grades 3-6(am assuming) practicing rain or shine, along with enough coaches and parents you would think there was a game going on. So I know the support for football in Bracken County is there big time, whether that translates to high school success is anyone's guess. One thing I have wondered is if Bracken were to do away with football before these kids reach high school and all of these young kids love the game even as they get into middle and high school, do they transfer to Mason County to still play the sport?

I think you would in fact see that. BC had their best seasons in 2011 winning 6 games and 2012 winning 5 games. I have talked with coaches at BC, I follow them because I used to coach with a one of them, and they feel that they are about 1-2 years away from being solid.

Don't forget that was achieved with 2 transfers, one who was an outstanding athlete on both sides of the ball(Cole McClain), who left the very next year,along with the other player and the Coach. That being said, if you have driven by the Germantown Park over the past several years every night between 6-8 you would see a huge amount of kids between grades 3-6(am assuming) practicing rain or shine, along with enough coaches and parents you would think there was a game going on. So I know the support for football in Bracken County is there big time, whether that translates to high school success is anyone's guess. One thing I have wondered is if Bracken were to do away with football before these kids reach high school and all of these young kids love the game even as they get into middle and high school, do they transfer to Mason County to still play the sport?

 

Being from the Germantown area I know the pratice you are referring too. If I'm not mistaken that is the Tiger Football program which is for 3-5 grades. Also it has kids from Bracken and Mason on it. And because of that its not officially connected with Bracken or Mason school system. So not all the kids will ever be at BCHS when it's all said and done.

 

No doubt the support is there just waiting/hopeing for the results to come. And I for one no it's not from lack of effort. The kids really try hard but like someone mentioned they are just out muscled right now. I feel the comment about being 2-3 hrs out from being solid is pretty close.

Being from the Germantown area I know the pratice you are referring too. If I'm not mistaken that is the Tiger Football program which is for 3-5 grades. Also it has kids from Bracken and Mason on it. And because of that its not officially connected with Bracken or Mason school system. So not all the kids will ever be at BCHS when it's all said and done.

No doubt the support is there just waiting/hopeing for the results to come. And I for one no it's not from lack of effort. The kids really try hard but like someone mentioned they are just out muscled right now. I feel the comment about being 2-3 hrs out from being solid is pretty close.

\\

 

Did not know that at all. Thought it was all BC. It could be a Mason County feeder for what I know,lol. It comes of as being only Bracken County because only see signups,tryouts,scores,etc. in the Bracken County News

\\

 

Did not know that at all. Thought it was all BC. It could be a Mason County feeder for what I know,lol. It comes of as being only Bracken County because only see signups,tryouts,scores,etc. in the Bracken County News

 

I don't think its 50/50 Bracken holds the majority but it's open to any kid that wants to participate. If the Bracken school system ever took control then the number of kids would more than likely go down.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.