Thursday 9/11 NKY Matches....you must decide

I would normally say the St. Henry/Boone game would be entertaining to watch but I believe Boone will still be without their red card players? That should be a St. Henry win by 2-3 goals. NCC/Highands would normally be a good game but I see NCC having too much for Highlands in that one as well by 2-3 goals. I think Ryle bursts the bubble of Connor and Dixie maybe packs it in defensively vs CCH so I'd say the best game on this slate is Campbell/Montgomery County.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, should be a good matchup. I may have to run down there and take that one in myself. South Oldham finds out if their ranking is justified or not.

Over the next few weeks they will definitely find out where they stand against the rest of the "contenders". Their schedule is pretty brutal, they just played St. X and they have 5 more teams ranked in the Top 10 coming up... Trinity, Henry Clay, Ballard, North Oldham, and Paul Laurence Dunbar.

Over the next few weeks they will definitely find out where they stand against the rest of the "contenders". Their schedule is pretty brutal, they just played St. X and they have 5 more teams ranked in the Top 10 coming up... Trinity, Henry Clay, Ballard, North Oldham, and Paul Laurence Dunbar.

Not sure I'd put St. X in the contender category this year as they have lost 4 in a row (all shutouts), including 3 of those to Kentucky teams.

Groinpull...

I do not think you can just discount them because they lost their last 4, this kind of goes against the theory of playing against tough competition. Of the 4 losses, I think the only one that I would question is the 1-0 loss to Male. The other 3 were to Ballard, South Oldham and St Louis University, the match before this was a tie against Olentangy Liberty.

I think that it is also worth mentioning that St Louis Univ and Olentangy Liberty are responsible for the only 2 losses that Trinity has to date.... if you compare their common opponents, St. X currently has the edge on Trinity.

Groinpull...

I do not think you can just discount them because they lost their last 4, this kind of goes against the theory of playing against tough competition. Of the 4 losses, I think the only one that I would question is the 1-0 loss to Male. The other 3 were to Ballard, South Oldham and St Louis University, the match before this was a tie against Olentangy Liberty.

I think that it is also worth mentioning that St Louis Univ and Olentangy Liberty are responsible for the only 2 losses that Trinity has to date.... if you compare their common opponents, St. X currently has the edge on Trinity.

I'm not saying they are bad but are they state title contenders? I was referring more to the losses to the Kentucky teams than anything. South Oldham and Male are not exactly powerhouses this year. South Oldham beat winless Highlands 2-0 (rain shortened) and beat St. X by the same score? Male was 3-3 overall going into the St. X game and beat them 1-0? Maybe they have injury issues or something but I'd be surprised if they are within 2-3 goals of Trinity this year out of that region.

Edited by groinpull

Seriously.....very talented players from top to bottom....and very talented players on JV that would start for many varsity teams around........good coaching staff that really knows the game and can coach it.......

Sounds like a cop out, I know, but how I feel.......

I'd agree with this. Jeremy has taken over since, what, the last 3 years? You're really seeing his style of play take over versus Horton's. They still look to possess the ball, but the build up isn't as slow and they attack with force.

Full compliment of games for NKY:

So pretend you have a free night, no team affiliation, and must go to one of these to fulfill your Parole requirements. Which one and why?

Good luck to Cooper against Boyd in the finals.

Good luck to Brossart against Scott Co for third.....

I think I'd just go back to prison!

Actually the NCC/Highlands match would be the one. Love the back yard rivals.