Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Saturday matches (9/6/14)

Featured Replies

Looks like a good weekend to root for NKY in general.......might hurt a little, but we will see who can see the larger picture of NKY soccer vs the rest of the state......

 

Holmes at Berea

Highlands at Montgomery County

West Jessamine at Ryle

Cov Cath at Trinity......

 

Good luck to all this weekend......Bring home the W's

 

Cooper and New Cath

Holy Cross and Scott

Campbell County and St Henry

 

Forgot:

Bishop Brossart at Paris

Calvary Christian at St Patricks.

 

Have at it......

interested in the highlands game. As well as the Cov Cath Game. I say Highlands gets their first win of the season down in Montgomery 2-0, and Cov cath keeps it 3-1

As much as I would like to see Highlands get in the win column, I do not think it happens against MoCo, I think they lose by a couple goals.

 

Brossart should take care of Paris by a couple goals.

 

Ryle and West Jessamine might be the best match up, I think Ryle pulls out a close win at home.

 

I think that Cov Cath has a hard time with Trinity but keeps it close.

interested in the highlands game. As well as the Cov Cath Game. I say Highlands gets their first win of the season down in Montgomery 2-0, and Cov cath keeps it 3-1

 

I know CCH doesn't get a lot of love for their scoring, but they have scored 13 goals in 4 games. Better than the rate of the last two years, and given the competition played so far. Think they need a few more games to really get clicking offensively. (too bad they missed those three... alright I'll shut up about that now).

 

Defensively, probably better last year, but as groinpull mentioned on another thread, played well last night.

 

I believe the game last year was 3-1. This CCH team is much improved, that may be the case with Trinity as well, but I think this game is going to be close.

I've seen Trinity play twice this year (lex Cath & HHS) which were both pretty much blowouts even if the scores don't indicate it and they are very impressive but its' truly hard to gauge based on those game. One clear advantage over CCH from what I've seen of both is that Trinity can easily play 16 (goalie included) that are all technically solid can handle the ball. There's little to no drop in play when they tart subbing while with CCH I've seen a drop once they start subbing and some worrisome ball handling coming out of the backline. CCH's midfield can definitely play and i would say they are both equal in that part of the game. Then you look at forwards and defense and Trinity is a quicker and more technical team in both regards.

 

That said, they are both teams of HS boys and anything can happen on any given day. If CCH can keep at least equal in terms of possessions and capitalize on opportunities that will come up (no missed open header or 1 on 1s with keeper) they could pull off an upset.

 

I can see another 3-1 Trinity but wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-1 draw even 2-1 CCH win.

I know CCH doesn't get a lot of love for their scoring, but they have scored 13 goals in 4 games. Better than the rate of the last two years, and given the competition played so far. Think they need a few more games to really get clicking offensively. (too bad they missed those three... alright I'll shut up about that now).

 

Defensively, probably better last year, but as groinpull mentioned on another thread, played well last night.

 

I believe the game last year was 3-1. This CCH team is much improved, that may be the case with Trinity as well, but I think this game is going to be close.

 

It was 4-1 last year and really, wasn't that close. Colonels will need to be able to possess the ball and be solid defensively. Easier said than done as Trinity can put the ball in the net. CCH has a couple defensive holes that I fear will be exposed tomorrow. That said, they also have the ability to put a lot of pressure on Trinity but will it result in scores? Should be a fun game to watch.

I forgot about Holmes... they could run their record to 4-0... Berea is winless. According to Maher Rankings Holmes should get the win!!!

CCH's midfield can definitely play and i would say they are both equal in that part of the game. Then you look at forwards ... and Trinity is a quicker and more technical team in both regards.

 

So you've seen Trinity twice, and how many times have you seen Covcath? Ballow and Litzler not getting any love? I hope they read this. Did you hear that boys, you're slow and technically inferior.

  • Author

Ballow 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games

Litzler. 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games (could be 3 and 1 because someone helped a ball already going into the net )

 

Four opponents: St Henry, Lex Cath, McNick, Campbell County......

 

This is all the while rotating a third forward in so their time is actually cut by 1/3......

So you've seen Trinity twice, and how many times have you seen Covcath? Ballow and Litzler not getting any love? I hope they read this. Did you hear that boys, you're slow and technically inferior.

Its funny that you've quoted futbalfan but then twisted his words around. He never said your boys were slow, he simply said that Trinity was quicker and was more technical.

Its funny that you've quoted futbalfan but then twisted his words around. He never said your boys were slow, he simply said that Trinity was quicker and was more technical.

 

I think I'm funny, but I don't think I can thank you for saying it because I don't think you really mean it. I haven't seen trinity, but if they are technically superior to ballow they must be pretty good. I look forward to seeing them play.

So you've seen Trinity twice, and how many times have you seen Covcath? Ballow and Litzler not getting any love? I hope they read this. Did you hear that boys, you're slow and technically inferior.

 

A few times last year and twice this year actually. Keep in eye on 15 and 7 for Trinity. I know 7 (Stocton) is going to Indiana and I believe 15 is also a D1 signee.

 

I've seen Stockton slice through 4-5 players in traffic and is the 2013 player of the year in Ky. I don't see CCH with that type of player on the pitch.

 

Here's a little more info on Stockton.

 

Q&A Trinity soccer's Sam Stockton

 

I wish the CCH players all the best and will be rooting for them but just providing some objective analysis.

A few times last year and twice this year actually. Keep in eye on 15 and 7 for Trinity. I know 7 (Stocton) is going to Indiana and I believe 15 is also a D1 signee.

 

I've seen Stockton slice through 4-5 players in traffic and is the 2013 player of the year in Ky. I don't see CCH with that type of player on the pitch.

 

Here's a little more info on Stockton.

 

Q&A Trinity soccer's Sam Stockton

 

I wish the CCH players all the best and will be rooting for them but just providing some objective analysis.

 

As I've said, CCH will have their hands full later today. All three goal scorers for Trinity last year against them were juniors and Stockton was not even one of those, so they are all back. The CCH keeper and defense will have to play well and CCH will have to hold the ball when they can to keep possession. I'm looking forward to seeing the two CCH center mids match up w/ Stockton. Wouldn't be surprised to see a man marking there but maybe not.

Good luck, CCH, looking forward to checking out the results later today.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.