Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Players Class of 2017

Featured Replies

I know there was a thread about this a few months ago.... But after the summer season, who do you think are the top players in the class of 2017?

  • Author

I will start it off and say...

 

Ben Jordan (East Carter County) (Kentucky Baseball Club), 6'9 165, fastball up to 91.

Jordon Adell (Ballard) (Midland Tribe) 6'4 180 fastball up to 88-89, fast, good hitter (99mph exit velocity), good defensive outfielder, committed to Louisville.

Those two certainly will be high. I will say I was at the event that registered the 99 for Adell. That gun was crazy that day. Guys at Midland will tell you 88-90 far more accurate, still very impressive.

 

Add Cam Hill and Jack Schneider, that should be top 4.

  • Author
Those two certainly will be high. I will say I was at the event that registered the 99 for Adell. That gun was crazy that day. Guys at Midland will tell you 88-90 far more accurate, still very impressive.

 

Add Cam Hill and Jack Schneider, that should be top 4.

 

Cam Hill is an OF for Scott County, correct? And Schneider is a pitcher for Daviess County?

Those two certainly will be high. I will say I was at the event that registered the 99 for Adell. That gun was crazy that day. Guys at Midland will tell you 88-90 far more accurate, still very impressive.

 

Add Cam Hill and Jack Schneider, that should be top 4.

 

I was told this by a Redskin's coach also..He said there was no way that 99mph was an accurate reading.

Cam Hill is an OF for Scott County, correct? And Schneider is a pitcher for Daviess County?

 

Correct. Jack also plays 3b, i would imagine right now he would project as a position player.

I will start it off and say...

 

Ben Jordan (East Carter County) (Kentucky Baseball Club), 6'9 165, fastball up to 91.

Jordon Adell (Ballard) (Midland Tribe) 6'4 180 fastball up to 88-89, fast, good hitter (99mph exit velocity), good defensive outfielder, committed to Louisville.

 

6'9 165. Is that accurate? Man, thats thin.

  • Author

Yes it is amazingly accurate. Know many KBC players pretty well. Have watched him play and practice and it is not ordinary to be that tall and that thin. Amazing player.

  • Author
Ben is 6' 8" and 200 lbs

 

My bad.

I know there was a thread about this a few months ago.... But after the summer season, who do you think are the top players in the class of 2017?

 

Brian Baxa, Danville. He's 6'2" 210. 1B/RHP. Saw him top out at 87 this Summer.

PBR has released its initial 2017 class rankings, Kentucky showing very well, including top overall ranking. Not sure if all states included to this point, but they are:

 

1) Ben Jordan West Carter

5) Jordan Adell Ballard

11) Gavin Sulivan Eastern

22) Cam Hill Scott County

23) Jack Schneider Daviess County

 

I had not heard of Gavin Sulivan. Must be impressive.

  • Author
PBR has released its initial 2017 class rankings, Kentucky showing very well, including top overall ranking. Not sure if all states included to this point, but they are:

 

1) Ben Jordan West Carter

5) Jordan Adell Ballard

11) Gavin Sulivan Eastern

22) Cam Hill Scott County

23) Jack Schneider Daviess County

 

I had not heard of Gavin Sulivan. Must be impressive.

 

Gavin plays for Eastern. LHP who sits around 84-85 but can hit 88. Played in the Future Games in August. Might be a little high but best LHP in Kentucky in 2017 class.

Ben is 6' 8" and 200 lbs

Thats a little better lol. 6'9 at 160 I would be afraid he could break in half stepping off the mound.

Trent Kincaid - Simon Kenton

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.