Trinity in the future

jbwill2

Trinity has absolutely dominated prep football in KY in the recent past, but took a step back last year. Will Trinity return to complete dominance in KY 6A, or will there be more parity in 6A for the next several years?

Definitely going to be an interesting year coming up. New Defensive coordinator for the second year in a row and yet another murderer's row of a schedule. I hope this squad saw last years struggles and lack of leadership and learns from it. I am not sure what to expect with this squad coming up though. Definitely not as informed on this crew as I was on the last few.

I still don't think there's parity in 6A, sorry. Trinity was off their game last year true but Male was the only in-state team to beat them and I'll concede that Scott probably would have. X had a good night against Trinity and lost with one of their better recent teams, Manual was manhandled both times they played (and somehow managed to beat Male?). I don't see another 6A school that would have beaten them. With what Scott County lost will they be as strong next year? Male should be. X will have to rebuild. Manual will be Manual and underachieve. No one else in 6A will get close to Trinity. That's not parity in my book.

They're going to be good. How good we don't know, but there is not parity in 6A. I believe last year was the first time since '96 that X, T, or Male did not win the big classification.

Correct, 96 was Nelson County. After that it went X,H,X,H,T,T,T,X,T,T,T,T,X,T,T,T, Scott County

Face it if you're outside of Louisville you don't have a chance. 6A programs should have an at large and a Louisville championship. Then let them play for bragging rights. Would work if you went to 5 classes and a Louisville only 5A and a statewide 5A.

Face it if you're outside of Louisville you don't have a chance. 6A programs should have an at large and a Louisville championship. Then let them play for bragging rights. Would work if you went to 5 classes and a Louisville only 5A and a statewide 5A.

Many moons ago it was that way but the "brains" out in the state didn't think it was "fair" that a Louisville team played for a championship every year. It only took once or twice when 2 Louisville schools faced each other for the championship for them to start complaining about that set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You apparently are not aware that prior to 1975, Jefferson County Champions were AAA State Champs. AA and A were all schools outside Jefferson County. Then, the larger state schools wanted a shot at Jefferson County. 4-A was born. It is fine by me to return to the days of Jefferson County Champion also being the top class Champion. Greenup County supporters still claim a state championship for their overall runner-up and state "at-large" performance in 1977. :dancingpa

Having watched Trinity for over 50 years, my guess is that we'll never see another period of domination like what we have seen in the past 13 years. Trinity will continue to be the state's top big school program, as it has for the past 45 years, but others will close the gap. As it has for most of the past 45 years, X will continue to be the big school number 2. Positions 3 through 5 will be a revolving door, most of the time including Male and Scott County.

How much does the quality of head coaching and assistant coaching affect a team's performance? Can decent talent with great coaching compete against great talent with mediocre coaching? Re the latter, I am actually thinking of a SW Ohio h/s, not any Kentucky teams.

Also, how much does strength of schedule develop a team during the season? Think of 2013 Scott County, a team & school I like very much. But SC had 12 blowout wins against very weak teams before facing good teams in the last 3 games. Yet I feel that SC could have beaten anybody in Kentucky, including Bowling Green (no disrespect) and some of teams on Trinity's schedule like Ensworth, Colerain, Carmel, and Indy Cathedral, all of whom had excellent years.

But then Cincinnati St. X, with a great coach (Specht) and great talent, plays one of the three toughest schedules in the country and is lucky to break .500.

How much SoS is too much SoS? I think Trinity overdoes it too & maybe should play more KY teams. But that's me.

If we have already discussed these issues, sorry.

How much does the quality of head coaching and assistant coaching affect a team's performance? Can decent talent with great coaching compete against great talent with mediocre coaching? Re the latter, I am actually thinking of a SW Ohio h/s, not any Kentucky teams.

Also, how much does strength of schedule develop a team during the season? Think of 2013 Scott County, a team & school I like very much. But SC had 12 blowout wins against very weak teams before facing good teams in the last 3 games. Yet I feel that SC could have beaten anybody in Kentucky, including Bowling Green (no disrespect) and some of teams on Trinity's schedule like Ensworth, Colerain, Carmel, and Indy Cathedral, all of whom had excellent years.

But then Cincinnati St. X, with a great coach (Specht) and great talent, plays one of the three toughest schedules in the country and is lucky to break .500.

How much SoS is too much SoS? I think Trinity overdoes it too & maybe should play more KY teams. But that's me.

If we have already discussed these issues, sorry.

Trinity ended up scheduling that much out of state competition because they had no choice. It would be nice to have some more local schools on the schedule though.

In regards to the teams SC would have beaten on Trinity's schedule. I am pretty sure they would not have beaten Ensworth, Colerain or Moeller. I can see the rest as a toss up.

Trinity ended up scheduling that much out of state competition because they had no choice. It would be nice to have some more local schools on the schedule though.

In regards to the teams SC would have beaten on Trinity's schedule. I am pretty sure they would not have beaten Ensworth, Colerain or Moeller. I can see the rest as a toss up.

Cocoa and Philly Imhotep are better than most KY 6A and not as strong as GCL. This season's record should improve. As long as the Rocks take care of Male and win the state title, all will be well again in St. Matthews! :clap: It remains to be seen if any KY teams step up for 2015 and 2016 schedules.