Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup 51 Lewis 49

Featured Replies

I can't speak for Devil58, but the point I think he and I are trying to make isn't that those calls didn't effect the outcome of the game, only that they were a small piece of the total picture. Because of the time in the game that they occurred, they appear to take on a larger role in the outcome of the game.

 

Again, I'm not saying that Lewis didn't get the short end of the stick - only that we can't lay the loss squarely and solely at the feet of the officials. Not just for this game in particular, but for all games.

 

Frances

 

You can if you take away the tech. foul shot made and the basket there after. Lewis Co had the ball, the kid got shoved into his own bench, and GC capitolized on the refs mistake(s). The game was tied I believe at that point.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at the game, nor have I seen film of the calls. I have no doubt that one, two, or perhaps even all three calls may have been wrong. I'd be willing to bet that if you dissected the game film, over the course of all four quarters, you could probably find other calls that might have gone differently - for both teams.

 

 

In light of that, I still have to agree with Devil58. The whole idea that "the refs cost us the game" is taking the easy way out. That goes for players, coaches, parents, and fans. The bottom line is that officials do impact the outcome of games - EVERY game. The reality however, is that their impact on the outcome of a game is extremely minimal, compared to the actions of the players on the floor and the coaches on the sideline.

 

 

 

Frances

 

 

I think that questionable calls are made throughout the course of any game, and it's usually according to which side of the gym one's sitting on to conclude which team recieved the bad call, or no-call. Both team's fans will have a bias toward their team.

However, when a game is within a few points, in a game such as this where it is one and done for the season, it magnifies the bad calls if a series of them are made against one team toward the end of the game. That seems to be the majority view from the posts I have read on here. It sounds to me like Lewis County fans and players will have a real empty feeling for a few days.

What I have always told my players is this. Referees are going to make mistakes, don't put this team in a situation to allow a mistake from a referee hurt our chances of winning the game.

 

If Lewis County makes a few less turnovers or hits a couple of those shots in the first have, then maybe they are up by 6 or 8 points when all this occured and those calls would not have been difference makers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.