Jackson Davis Offers Are Heating Up

Jackson Davis received a scholarship offer from Mississippi State yesterday.

Davis also has offers from Alabama, Boston College, Butler, Central Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State and Vanderbilt since re-opening his recruitment last month. I understand that a few other schools, including Louisville, are also looking at him but have not offered yet.

I get the feeling that Rice are going to struggle to hold on to him.

DAVE

...which Mentch predicted when the kid committed.

Good call Mentch.

Does anyone have any updates on Davis' recruitment? It would appear that his interest from some bigger schools are heating up.

Places like Rice can offer lots academically, but so can Vanderbilt.

He's a big time player, that's for sure. Regardless of Lexington Catholic's size, he pulled down 31 rebounds against them. Anyone who can get 31 rebounds vs LexCath is worthy of a high D1 offer. I personally hope Calipari finds a reason to offer him. But right now I personally see Davis going to a mid-level SEC school.

He's a big time player, that's for sure. Regardless of Lexington Catholic's size, he pulled down 31 rebounds against them. Anyone who can get 31 rebounds vs LexCath is worthy of a high D1 offer. I personally hope Calipari finds a reason to offer him. But right now I personally see Davis going to a mid-level SEC school.

So you are saying he may go to Kentucky, a mid-level SEC school.

As much as I love to see kids from Kentucky go to UK, I just don't think this is going to happen. With Towns coming in, Dakari likely to come back, and Willis, Lee, maybe Poytress, I just don't see a spot for him.

As for saying Kentucky is a mid level SEC school.... This isn't even the case in a down year. Earned the 2 seed with a shot to win the SEC championship. Love for the haters :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...