Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackson Davis Offers Are Heating Up

Featured Replies

Jackson Davis received a scholarship offer from Mississippi State yesterday.

 

Davis also has offers from Alabama, Boston College, Butler, Central Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State and Vanderbilt since re-opening his recruitment last month. I understand that a few other schools, including Louisville, are also looking at him but have not offered yet.

 

I get the feeling that Rice are going to struggle to hold on to him.

 

DAVE

I haven't spoken with Jackson in years....is he leaning toward going to a bigger school where he may have to wait his turn or does he expect to get minutes right away? That could impact his final decision.

  • Author

Good point, but either way I feel he won't be gracing a Rice jersey next season. Too many higher options for him now.

 

DAVE

Good point, but either way I feel he won't be gracing a Rice jersey next season. Too many higher options for him now.

 

DAVE

 

Rice just fired their head basketball coach this afternoon.

Rice just fired their head basketball coach this afternoon.

 

 

...which Mentch predicted when the kid committed.

...which Mentch predicted when the kid committed.

 

Good call Mentch.

 

 

Does anyone have any updates on Davis' recruitment? It would appear that his interest from some bigger schools are heating up.

 

Places like Rice can offer lots academically, but so can Vanderbilt.

He's a big time player, that's for sure. Regardless of Lexington Catholic's size, he pulled down 31 rebounds against them. Anyone who can get 31 rebounds vs LexCath is worthy of a high D1 offer. I personally hope Calipari finds a reason to offer him. But right now I personally see Davis going to a mid-level SEC school.

He's a big time player, that's for sure. Regardless of Lexington Catholic's size, he pulled down 31 rebounds against them. Anyone who can get 31 rebounds vs LexCath is worthy of a high D1 offer. I personally hope Calipari finds a reason to offer him. But right now I personally see Davis going to a mid-level SEC school.

 

So you are saying he may go to Kentucky, a mid-level SEC school.

As much as I love to see kids from Kentucky go to UK, I just don't think this is going to happen. With Towns coming in, Dakari likely to come back, and Willis, Lee, maybe Poytress, I just don't see a spot for him.

 

As for saying Kentucky is a mid level SEC school.... This isn't even the case in a down year. Earned the 2 seed with a shot to win the SEC championship. Love for the haters :clap:

Easy to kick Uk when they have a down season. I would love to see Davis at Uk. #1 when he put's the jersey on it would mean something and #2 he would stay 4 years. Go Cats!!!

Franklin Flyer, It seems that you may have an unpopular idea of what "mid-level" means. So in that case, sure.

 

Anyway, best of luck to Davis and his recruitment. We should be happy for him wherever he goes.

Jackson has named 7 finalists.

 

Butler

Az State

Vandy

Bama

Columbia

Creighton

Florida

 

 

Did I miss the news that all of these schools have offered?

Bruce Pearl offered last night.

He is on an OV to Butler through Tuesday.

Davis is visiting Bama this weekend.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.