Southwestern 67 Henry Clay 60

First

This is a good win for Southwestern but I'm stunned that Henry Clay is still considered a top 25 team. They have 11 losses.

Truth is, you’re being too kind to them. If I’m correct, Henderson Co. was still ranked both times they beat Henry Clay on neutral floors. If so, Henry Clay is 0-10 against ranked teams.

A football dad told me he thought Cantrall football ratings had a weighting based on a team’s prior year, sort of a “strength of program” adjustment. Is that true? Anything similar in their basketball formula? If it’s a mathematical model there has to be something driving this foolish result.

Meanwhile across town 2 miles, 16-6 LexCath is 5-2 against ranked teams, with signature wins over the two that beat them (Knott and Lafayette). But .500 Henry Clay gets the ranking.

This is a good win for Southwestern but I'm stunned that Henry Clay is still considered a top 25 team. They have 11 losses.

Both sets of rankings are a joke. Hack should have been out of them after the KOB. With no Jordan Green they seem to be reeling. With Mike Allen suspended at Station, that matchup will be beyond interesting