Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 39 Holy Cross 37

Featured Replies

Final from St. Henry - All A Classic.

 

Beechwood vs NCC tomorrow at 4:00 pm in Finals.

Final from the A.

  • Author

So much for this game being a blowout like everyone predicted.

So much for this game being a blowout like everyone predicted.

 

Guilty.

  • Author

Girls side is wide open this year in the 9th. At least 5-6 teams that can win it.

Ware scored the winner with 3 seconds left.

Even I ventured out to this one to see what all the hype was about in the All A. What a game! The twins stayed out of foul trouble for the most part and it was a barn burner down to the end! HC had their chance with the time ticking down and turned it over.

 

The twins and McClendon were big for HC. I also thought many of the HC role players stepped it up in this one as well. The twins make it really hard to score against them if you can't shoot from the outside. They are also almost a "given" if they get the ball on the block. NCC did a good job in the second half of not letting them get in low.

 

The first half was owned by HC. NCC ended up being down by 4 at half, but I'm betting NCC fans would agree they were very lucky to only be down 4. HC completely owned the half. If not for a few tough NCC baskets at the end of the half, they could have been down much more.

 

NCC picked up the pressure in the second half and I was surprised HC went away from what was successful in the first half. They played all zone in the first half and a lot of Man in the second. NCC really struggled findind good shots in the first half against the zone and HC went away from. Little surprised. I was also a little surprised when HC broke the huddle with 15 seconds left in a MTM. The guy sitting next to me and I said, Ware is going to drive and win the game...and she did.

 

NCC fought all night long. I know Kiernan is a little banged up and Mayes has had the flu all week and I think she got a little winded in the first half. That's not taking anything away from HC though. Both teams played extremely hard and it was a fun game to watch. NCC did what good teams do and found a way to win. I know several of the NCC fans felt the NCC girls played an ugly game tonight, but HC has a way of doing that to you. All their games are that way.

 

Ware was not going to be denied on the last drive. Just when you think you've seen every gear that girl has, she kicks it into a higher one. An outstanding athlete.

Meant to add that I think NCC only hit 3 threes and Mayes hit all of them. But all 3 were huge and very timely!

Pictures: This one is the game winner with 3.1 to go!

IMG_0209.jpg

Fun game to watch. Defense was the name of the game in this one. I agree with RCC those 3's although few in number for NCC were huge in the difference in the game.

Give a ton of credit to Holy Cross, they came out with great intensity and it looked like until about 4 minutes left to go in the second period that Holy Cross may run away with the game. Ncc turned up the pressure and Holy Cross got a little winded at the end of the half for Ncc to close the gap. Ncc looked like they might run away with the game at the end of the 3 period but Holy Cross did not buckle and they came back to take a four point lead midway through the fourth period 37 to 33. However Holy Cross would not score the rest of the game due to the combination of Ncc pressure and lake of a bench for Holy Cross, Ncc tied it up and then each team looked a little tight and were taking low percentage shots. It took a drive by Ware at the end of the game that was the difference. Great atomsphere the whole game. Both sides were into the game from the start to end.

Even I ventured out to this one to see what all the hype was about in the All A. What a game! The twins stayed out of foul trouble for the most part and it was a barn burner down to the end! HC had their chance with the time ticking down and turned it over.

 

The twins and McClendon were big for HC. I also thought many of the HC role players stepped it up in this one as well. The twins make it really hard to score against them if you can't shoot from the outside. They are also almost a "given" if they get the ball on the block. NCC did a good job in the second half of not letting them get in low.

 

The first half was owned by HC. NCC ended up being down by 4 at half, but I'm betting NCC fans would agree they were very lucky to only be down 4. HC completely owned the half. If not for a few tough NCC baskets at the end of the half, they could have been down much more.

 

NCC picked up the pressure in the second half and I was surprised HC went away from what was successful in the first half. They played all zone in the first half and a lot of Man in the second. NCC really struggled findind good shots in the first half against the zone and HC went away from. Little surprised. I was also a little surprised when HC broke the huddle with 15 seconds left in a MTM. The guy sitting next to me and I said, Ware is going to drive and win the game...and she did.

 

NCC fought all night long. I know Kiernan is a little banged up and Mayes has had the flu all week and I think she got a little winded in the first half. That's not taking anything away from HC though. Both teams played extremely hard and it was a fun game to watch. NCC did what good teams do and found a way to win. I know several of the NCC fans felt the NCC girls played an ugly game tonight, but HC has a way of doing that to you. All their games are that way.

 

Ware was not going to be denied on the last drive. Just when you think you've seen every gear that girl has, she kicks it into a higher one. An outstanding athlete.

 

1st bolded: Very fortunate they were not down 10-15.

 

2nd bolded: She is the one you want with the ball in that situation, she can penetrate to the rim, pull up an pop, or dish off.

 

3rd bolded: Guilty. The Twin Towers really made things difficult.

 

I'm proud of the way the Breds came back, the pressure forced HC into many turnovers.

 

For a girl battling the flu, Mayes did a great job. Ware was even better on the defensive side tonight applying pressure. And what about Freshmen Meg Martin, getting her 1st varsity playing time and scores a crucial bucket against the "Twin Towers".

I had RCC9's back, as he was in enemy territory. :lol2:

 

game.jpg

Daddy's little girl looks SOOOOOO happy. :whistling: Thanks for the pic's paNDA.

 

tay.jpg

I had RCC9's back, as he was in enemy territory. :lol2:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42447[/ATTACH]

 

I was in good hands. I wish Panda would quit catching me on film. People are going to find out who I am!!!!:scared:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.