January 10, 201412 yr I'm guessing you are referring to tax incentive programs in general. But I think a vast majority do promote economic growth. It isn't welfare because a tax incentive allows the corporation to keep more of their own money, they do not recieve a check from the government. Now there are programs such as the green job program where checks are actually cut to promote advancements in that field, but I'm guessing you don't have a problem with that. I'm asking you to point to specific tax incentive programs right now you have a problem with and why. The Exxon Mobil point has already been shot down by other posters. Your problem is you are using blanket terms you read on the internet and can't point to specifics. Now if you want to discuss the problem with lobbyist in Washington I'm all ears. ExxonMobil is a good example of a company that benefits from corporate welfare. Others include Wal-Mart, BP, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, Shell, Haliburton, IBM, GE, Dow Chemical. Here's another factoid that should stir tea party types: The U.S. in 2012 spent $49 billion-plus on public service programs -- the type that right-wingers assail on the political threads of BGP. The U.S. in 2012 forked over $92 billion in corporate welfare. 4 Examples Of Corporate Welfare In Action | Taxpayers for Common Sense
January 10, 201412 yr We've gotten so far off topic this one is done. TTP, I think your post has merit and deserves discussion on it's own. Please feel free to start a thread on this topic. Anyone else who'd like to revisit the unemployment topic, please start a thread and we are gonna adhere to the separate topics individually.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.