Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

District Match-ups in the 9th Region:

Featured Replies

CCH vs HC has a chance to be an all time classic, or a over hyped game. I'm hoping for the first option.

 

Recent history leads me to believe that it will be the latter, but only time will tell.

 

One thing is for certain, and that is HC will be ready to play and will play hard.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see this bracket, for the 9th region:

 

Holmes

Ludlow

 

Highlands

Ryle

 

 

Dixie

Cov Cath

 

St. Henry

NCC

 

That is assuming the districts play out according to seed.

CCH vs HC has a chance to be an all time classic, or a over hyped game. I'm hoping for the first option.

:rolleyes: Over-hyped by who? You..CCH by 15.. ;)

Thats it, could be the weakest district in the state.

Just imagine how weak it was when Beechwood was still in it. I mean this year I admit they have had a nice year but over the past 10 years or so Ludlow has been a far superior basketball team to Beechwood. Putting Ludlows girls program in the 34th definitely strengthens that district as Beechwoods girl program has struggled to say the least and gets very little support. Ludlows girls on the other hand is 20-5 this year and their girls program is definitely on its way up.

Thats it, could be the weakest district in the state.

The 34th is the weakest district in the 9th, but in the state? Come on BigStud, that's a little harsh.

The 34th is the weakest district in the 9th, but in the state? Come on BigStud, that's a little harsh.

:thumb: Take a look at some of those just a little down the road..(Gallatin Cty, Carroll Cty, Owen Cty and Trimble Cty are in one dist.) I think stud would be surprised at some of the other very weak districts around the state but he doesn't usually do a whole lot of research. I can't believe the 35th district champ doesn't have a state champ every few years the way he goes on about them.

The 34th is the weakest district in the 9th, but in the state? Come on BigStud, that's a little harsh.

Hey if Zig can do it so will I. :p

:thumb: Take a look at some of those just a little down the road..(Gallatin Cty, Carroll Cty, Owen Cty and Trimble Cty are in one dist.) I think stud would be surprised at some of the other very weak districts around the state but he doesn't usually do a whole lot of research. I can't believe the 35th district champ doesn't have a state champ every few years the way he goes on about them.

I don't think I've ever gone that far. But I think if you look at each schools resume in the 35th no other district in the region claims more regional titles, state final apperance, and state semi final apperance.

Nobody thinks Ryle will beat St. Henry?

I don't think I've ever gone that far. But I think if you look at each schools resume in the 35th no other district in the region claims more regional titles, state final apperance, and state semi final apperance.

 

The fact is that only 1 team has won the big prize from the 9th region and that is Simon Kenton and now even they are not in the 9th region. (KHSAA will probably try to take that from the 9th and give to the 8th if they ever think of it) Appearances are great and should not be taken lightly but the bottom line is winning the whole thing and the entire 9th region (including the 35th) has failed miserably at that.

The fact is that only 1 team has won the big prize from the 9th region and that is Simon Kenton and now even they are not in the 9th region. (KHSAA will probably try to take that from the 9th and give to the 8th if they ever think of it) Appearances are great and should not be taken lightly but the bottom line is winning the whole thing and the entire 9th region (including the 35th) has failed miserably at that.

What does that have to do with the 35th being a tough district?

What does that have to do with the 35th being a tough district?

It simply means that I don't believe it is as tough as you want others to believe. Good district, sure I'll give you that but one of the best in the state, I doubt that.IMO.

It simply means that I don't believe it is as tough as you want others to believe. Good district, sure I'll give you that but one of the best in the state, I doubt that.IMO.

 

How about Henry Clay, Bryan Station, and Scott Co? Or Lex Cath, Tates Creek, Lafayette, Dunbar, and LCA? There has to be a couple in Louisville as well? I know Jtown and Eastern have the possibility of playing each other to get out. And I believe Male and Manual are together? Etown and John Hardin are in the same district in the 5th.

Oh my.... so Ludlow and Dixie have a free ticket this year it looks like. I don't know what is going on at Lloyd but I went to school with their head coach and if he cleaned house to get rid of a major problem, kudos to him for having the guts to do that. Sometimes you have to just thin the herd and go with the youngsters and get the buy in at a young age. This is a very weak district.

 

 

I agree this is a down district, but not the weakest. Take Simon out of the 32nd and you have walton, Grant, and W-town!!! Not the toughest of comp. Lloyd's coach did the right thing by making a stand. It seems those kids think they can do what they want, and he put a stop to it. The wins and loses aren't where they would like them to be, but they are working some younger guys in for a potentially bright future.

It simply means that I don't believe it is as tough as you want others to believe. Good district, sure I'll give you that but one of the best in the state, I doubt that.IMO.

I doubt many teams in the state would want to be in that district. Have HC, Holmes, and CCH had trouble finishing it downstate, Yes. It doesn't take away from the fact they have done very good over the last 20-25 years against down state competition.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.