Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings (Fe. 16-20)

Les

UKBells problem is pretty much the same as mine, we have pineville at the bottom of the mountain and we beat them like a drum year in and year out in basketball, period and its not really open for any discussion. If you look at p-villes schedule its as soft as can be. Not to mention I went to school at bell when Coach strange was their and still have to many bad memorys of him on the sideline.

Middlesboro well they are on the other side of the mountain. There are currently 4 other teams with worse records in the region. They have scored 1800 points but given up 1900, difficult to put together a season with no defense.

Hopefully Bell can get a little love if they win 2 of their last 3 games.

scott

bahrain

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UKBells problem is pretty much the same as mine, we have pineville at the bottom of the mountain and we beat them like a drum year in and year out in basketball, period and its not really open for any discussion. If you look at p-villes schedule its as soft as can be. Not to mention I went to school at bell when Coach strange was their and still have to many bad memorys of him on the sideline.

Middlesboro well they are on the other side of the mountain. There are currently 4 other teams with worse records in the region. They have scored 1800 points but given up 1900, difficult to put together a season with no defense.

scott

bahrain

I'd say being in the bottom 5 of the region as far as W-L goes, makes them......drum roll please Les (wait I will take care of the drums and let you do the talking since I have no clue)............

ONE OF THE WORST teams in the region.

scott

bahrain

Somebody is being a little hostile towards the man that is taking Bell scrubs and has a better team then they do.

I remember my senior year at bell with him as coach the team we started out with was pretty darn good, by the end you could have taken the people who quit and beat the starting 5 easily. Too much division on the team. So sorry for being so hostile.

scott

Somebody is being a little hostile towards the man that is taking Bell scrubs and has a better team then they do.

I wouldnt go so far as to say P'ville has a better team than Bell. They havent played this year, and I understand alot can change in 1 season, however if I remember correctly the Bobcats defeated the Puma's 3 times last season, all by around 15+ points.

Dont get me wrong. P'ville is greatly improved this season, and is winning some games (which is quite a change). However, to say that they are better then Bell is extremely debatable. They have done nothing this season that would suggest they are any better a team then Bell.

I remember my senior year at bell with him as coach the team we started out with was pretty darn good, by the end you could have taken the people who quit and beat the starting 5 easily. Too much division on the team. So sorry for being so hostile.

scott

Well this team plays like clock work.

I wouldnt go so far as to say P'ville has a better team than Bell. They havent played this year, and I understand alot can change in 1 season, however if I remember correctly the Bobcats defeated the Puma's 3 times last season, all by around 15+ points.

Dont get me wrong. P'ville is greatly improved this season, and is winning some games (which is quite a change). However, to say that they are better then Bell is extremely debatable. They have done nothing this season that would suggest they are any better a team then Bell.

I agree Pineville being better than Bell Co. is very debatable due to the fact of them not playing this season. Hopefully they meet in the post season. As for the bolded statements. Last season is last season so what does that have to do with this season? And "is winning some games", I would say 20 wins and the season ain't over.

I agree Pineville being better than Bell Co. is very debatable due to the fact of them not playing this season. Hopefully they meet in the post season. As for the bolded statements. Last season is last season so what does that have to do with this season? And "is winning some games", I would say 20 wins and the season ain't over.

I agree..... P'ville is the winner of the "Most Improved Team of the Year" award in the 13th region, and a 20+ win season is extremely impressive, especially considering what P'ville has had in the past.

You are also correct in saying that last season is last season, however alot can be taken away from the way Bell Co dominated P'ville last season.

Bell has practically the exact same team this season (minus Slusher), so unless P'ville has made an "ASTRONOMICAL" leap then Bell would be the solid favorite in a Bell-P'ville matchup.

I am not saying that if Bell and P'ville met up this year that Bell would dominate P'ville like they did last year. That isnt at all what I meant, and it isnt at all what I think. All I meant was that for you to claim that "P'ville was the better team then Bell" was a little premature. All things considered, Bell would undoubtedly be the favorite, and IMO would pull out a close victory.

I too hope that they meet up in the district tourney. It would be a very exciting and very hard fought game, regardless of the outcome.

I agree..... P'ville is the winner of the "Most Improved Team of the Year" award in the 13th region, and a 20+ win season is extremely impressive, especially considering what P'ville has had in the past.

You are also correct in saying that last season is last season, however alot can be taken away from the way Bell Co dominated P'ville last season.

Bell has practically the exact same team this season (minus Slusher), so unless P'ville has made an "ASTRONOMICAL" leap then Bell would be the solid favorite in a Bell-P'ville matchup.

I am not saying that if Bell and P'ville met up this year that Bell would dominate P'ville like they did last year. That isnt at all what I meant, and it isnt at all what I think. All I meant was that for you to claim that "P'ville was the better team then Bell" was a little premature. All things considered, Bell would undoubtedly be the favorite, and IMO would pull out a close victory.

I too hope that they meet up in the district tourney. It would be a very exciting and very hard fought game, regardless of the outcome.

Are u serious? lol Bell has as much of a chance against Pineville than Corbin against South...........But I tell ya ......Corbin will win......reality is only reality when it happens in the district tourney,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so Im with ya lol Bell would beat P ville..........

Are u serious? lol Bell has as much of a chance against Pineville than Corbin against South...........But I tell ya ......Corbin will win......reality is only reality when it happens in the district tourney,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so Im with ya lol Bell would beat P ville..........

:laugh: Terrible comparison. Can I get this in writing, so when the district tourney is over I can get another good laugh.

Bell would beat P'ville in a tight game IMO. But I agree, it could go either way. I'm glad you have some since there.

SL will beat Corbin in the district tourney, plain and simple. IMO it may be the worse beating SL has gave Corbin in quite some time.

:laugh: Terrible comparison. Can I get this in writing, so when the district tourney is over I can get another good laugh.

Bell would beat P'ville in a tight game IMO. But I agree, it could go either way. I'm glad you have some since there.

SL will beat Corbin in the district tourney, plain and simple. IMO it may be the worse beating SL has gave Corbin in quite some time.

:p:D

Larry Helton was one of the leading scorers in the region last year, and he graduated. I believe Steven Hunter was the sixth man a year ago and Brent Slusher started inside, so that's three of the top six gone. Eddie Whitaker has done another great job this year making Bell very competitive with just about anyone.

Pineville and Bell can't play in the district tourney.

Larry Helton was one of the leading scorers in the region last year, and he graduated. I believe Steven Hunter was the sixth man a year ago and Brent Slusher started inside, so that's three of the top six gone. Eddie Whitaker has done another great job this year making Bell very competitive with just about anyone.

Pineville and Bell can't play in the district tourney.

I meant regional, my mistake.

I did mention Brent Slusher's absence. Buckeye, as great as an athlete as he was, could be and has been replaced, especially with the emergence of Trey Goins (although he was injured against Knox, so that hurts Bell). You are right about Helton though, that was a big loss, and one I did not account for.

Bell really lost 2 players that mattered from last seasons team, Slusher and Helton. Although it could be said that with Helton gone Bell is a much better TEAM, because IMO Helton did hurt Bell at times with selfish shooting and poor attitude.

Nevertheless, my point remains. To say that P'ville is the ABSOLUTE better team of the two is a very inaccurate statement.

I meant regional, my mistake.

I did mention Brent Slusher's absence. Buckeye, as great as an athlete as he was, could be and has been replaced, especially with the emergence of Trey Goins (although he was injured against Knox, so that hurts Bell). You are right about Helton though, that was a big loss, and one I did not account for.

Bell really lost 2 players that mattered from last seasons team, Slusher and Helton. Although it could be said that with Helton gone Bell is a much better TEAM, because IMO Helton did hurt Bell at times with selfish shooting and poor attitude.

Nevertheless, my point remains. To say that P'ville is the ABSOLUTE better team of the two is a very inaccurate statement.

I never said Pineville is an absolute better team. I do think Dustin Day would give them a slight edge over Bell Co.. Now as for Bell not losing alot, what do you think Pineville lost. They lost one player and with him gone they're a better TEAM. Losing Larry Helton definitely didn't make Bell a better TEAM.

I wouldn't rank Pineville ahead of Bell either, but I'll try to avoid a debate with The Villager because he proved me wrong on the Middlesboro comparison earlier.

No matter who they replaced them with, Bell still lost three of its top six from a year ago. Helton's attitude seemed a lot better last year and he carried them several games with his scoring ability.

On a good day, you could make a case for Bell as the second best team in the region.