Fear 'Les' 13th Regional Ratings (Fe. 16-20)

Les

I'd say the same thing about you ranking NL at 3rd. :D

When comparing NL and Bell it looks like this:

North has recent losses to Clay, Corbin, and South, as well as a 7 game losing skid that just recently ended thanks to an easy game against Rockcastle (but, for arguments sake, dont even think about that 7 game skid). Not to mention a near loss to what could be the worst team in the region, M'boro. North holds a early season win over Cawood.

Bell did about lose to M'boro as well, but they also blew them out once. Bell too lost to Corbin, but do boast a win against Clay, that North cant boast. Bell did lose a early season game to Cawood, but then avenged that loss later in the season.

I think if you look at the way teams are playing RIGHT NOW, North should not be ranked ahead of either Corbin or Bell. Yeah yeah, NL has a horribly tough schedule, but I am not talking about that schedule, I am talking purely regional play.

Throw in the fact that Bell has Whitaker back. I think Bell gets the edge against North if they play right now. Call it bias.... but the evidence speaks for itself.

Worst team in the region? Middlesboro? Middlesboro is dangerous when they are hitting the 3 ball. They are definately not the worst team in the region.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the same thing about you ranking NL at 3rd. :D

When comparing NL and Bell it looks like this:

North has recent losses to Clay, Corbin, and South, as well as a 7 game losing skid that just recently ended thanks to an easy game against Rockcastle (but, for arguments sake, dont even think about that 7 game skid). Not to mention a near loss to what could be the worst team in the region, M'boro. North holds a early season win over Cawood.

Bell did about lose to M'boro as well, but they also blew them out once. Bell too lost to Corbin, but do boast a win against Clay, that North cant boast. Bell did lose a early season game to Cawood, but then avenged that loss later in the season.

I think if you look at the way teams are playing RIGHT NOW, North should not be ranked ahead of either Corbin or Bell. Yeah yeah, NL has a horribly tough schedule, but I am not talking about that schedule, I am talking purely regional play.

Throw in the fact that Bell has Whitaker back. I think Bell gets the edge against North if they play right now. Call it bias.... but the evidence speaks for itself.

This just goes to show you don't have a clue. Middlesboro is not the worst or one of the worst teams in the region.

Worst team in the region? Middlesboro? Middlesboro is dangerous when they are hitting the 3 ball. They are definately not the worst team in the region.

I said POSSIBLY....... sure they are dangerous when Miller is lighting it up, but they have NO wins against the best in this region to show for it.

Look, the sad thing is, you're just jealous Middlesboro's football team could beat UK's.

I just want to know how many games you have watched this season or are you too busy hanging out at Wildcat lodge or wherever Brooks' boys stays. I know it's not the football field:)

This just goes to show you don't have a clue. Middlesboro is not the worst or one of the worst teams in the region.

I agree they arent the worst...... but not one of the worst???

Losses to Cawood, Corbin, Harlan twice, Bell twice, Pineville, Barbourville twice, KNOX CENTRAL, North Laurel, etc etc etc

I'd say they are pretty darn bad.

Look, the sad thing is, you're just jealous Middlesboro's football team could beat UK's.

I just want to know how many games you have watched this season or are you too busy hanging out at Wildcat lodge or wherever Brooks' boys stays. I know it's not the football field:)

:laugh:

M'boro cant even beat Bell Co! Heck, they wont even play em. LOL

I have seen more games then you think. We are out of season my friend, and that means I'm home on most weekends.

I have watched every team ranked in your top 10 at least once, except Lynn Camp and Jackson. As well as several teams not ranked in your top 10, such as M'boro and Knox. I have seen SL, NL, Corbin, Barbourville, Knox, Bell, Pineville, and M'boro play on several different occasions. Not to mention the fact that I have very good friends and family members involved in athletics at just about each of those schools that keep me up to date. Most all the games I have seen have also been regional matchups, so I have been able to watch and compare.

Golly Les..... lil testy tonight.

I agree they arent the worst...... but not one of the worst???

Losses to Cawood, Corbin, Harlan twice, Bell twice, Pineville, Barbourville twice, KNOX CENTRAL, North Laurel, etc etc etc

Losing to those teams shouldn't be an embarrasment at all. Heck, Knox Central is good on some days.

Heck, they almost beat Bell only losing 70-69 the last time they played....I don't care if Whitaker played or not.

Man, I'm going to have my sister to talk to your dad, so you can get some sense in ya.

You know I'm kidding about all of this...except for the kitty Cat football team.

Losing to those teams shouldn't be an embarrasment at all. Heck, Knox Central is good on some days.

Heck, they almost beat Bell only losing 70-69 the last time they played....I don't care if Whitaker played or not.

Man, I'm going to have my sister to talk to your dad, so you can get some sense in ya.

You know I'm kidding about all of this...except for the kitty Cat football team.

If you say so. LOL. :lol:

You should have gotten used to bad football by now....what with you covering SL for all these years. :lol:

Yeah..... I'm just joking too. :irked:

Bell will get some love when UK's football team gets some decent cover men in the secondary:)

So until then, North is No. 2 and Bell isn't:)

I agree.... we need all the help we can get. :thumb: Lord knows us slow white inury prone guys arent getting it done.

And just for the record, Bell shouldnt be 2nd, just somewhere in the top 5. Heck North isnt even second in your rankings.

Middlesboro can beat anybody in the region, except South Laurel, when they are hitting their 3s. I believe they played both Corbin and Bell extremely close. They can also be pretty bad at times, but not the worst in the region.

I'd put Clay second and move Cawood ahead of Jackson County. Who has Jackson beat to put them ahead of Cawood?

I'd have Cumberland or Harlan 10th, but that's probably my Harlan County bias. I'll see Lynn Camp next week against Harlan, so that may change my mind.