Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leah Schafer update

Featured Replies

So I spent many posts and conversations last year defending Leah and trying to educate folks (that doubted her talent) that her skills were better suited for the next level. Some said she'd never play for X. Others said she was overrated and didn't know what the hype was about. One even said she may not be the best player on the HHS team last year. I'll admit, at times I had my doubts on how long it would be before she actually became a contributer for them.

 

But what I would tell people is she does so much more on the bball court that people don't see reading the box scores or hearing it second hand. She is a basketball player and always has been!

 

Let's fast forward to now. Leah and her Xaiver teammates beat Michigan tonight 79-75.

 

Here's Leah's stats:

9 points

9 rebounds (led the team)

4 assists (second on the team)

1 block (led the team)

1 steal (tied for first)

1 turnover.

Played 39 of the 45 minutes.

 

I guess Xavier did know what they were doing! Congrats Ms Schaeffer!!! The Bluebirds are rooting for you!

.....

 

Leah also started her first game of her career over the weekend, a hard fought loss at Ohio, and played well. She is a terrific kid and will be a very nice college player. I know Brian is thrilled to have her!

  • Author
.....

 

Leah also started her first game of her career over the weekend, a hard fought loss at Ohio, and played well. She is a terrific kid and will be a very nice college player. I know Brian is thrilled to have her!

 

This too!

So I spent many posts and conversations last year defending Leah and trying to educate folks (that doubted her talent) that her skills were better suited for the next level. Some said she'd never play for X. Others said she was overrated and didn't know what the hype was about. One even said she may not be the best player on the HHS team last year. I'll admit, at times I had my doubts on how long it would be before she actually became a contributer for them.

 

But what I would tell people is she does so much more on the bball court that people don't see reading the box scores or hearing it second hand. She is a basketball player and always has been!

 

Let's fast forward to now. Leah and her Xaiver teammates beat Michigan tonight 79-75.

 

Here's Leah's stats:

9 points

9 rebounds (led the team)

4 assists (second on the team)

1 block (led the team)

1 steal (tied for first)

1 turnover.

Played 39 of the 45 minutes.

 

I guess Xavier did know what they were doing! Congrats Ms Schaeffer!!! The Bluebirds are rooting for you!

No, NKY is rooting for you! Show em how its done Leah!

Love to hear this. Your so right on what Leah brings to a team that doesn't show up in box scores. Very very unselfish player that you wish would sometimes be a little selfish, because she is just that talented. I also was skeptical on whether she could take the physicality of college basketball? And for her to be getting it done her freshman year is outstanding and proves that we as fans should just sit back and enjoy the show and leave the evaluating talent to the experts. Congrats Leah. Outstanding young lady.

So I spent many posts and conversations last year defending Leah and trying to educate folks (that doubted her talent) that her skills were better suited for the next level. Some said she'd never play for X. Others said she was overrated and didn't know what the hype was about. One even said she may not be the best player on the HHS team last year. I'll admit, at times I had my doubts on how long it would be before she actually became a contributer for them.

 

But what I would tell people is she does so much more on the bball court that people don't see reading the box scores or hearing it second hand. She is a basketball player and always has been!

 

Let's fast forward to now. Leah and her Xaiver teammates beat Michigan tonight 79-75.

 

Here's Leah's stats:

9 points

9 rebounds (led the team)

4 assists (second on the team)

1 block (led the team)

1 steal (tied for first)

1 turnover.

Played 39 of the 45 minutes.

 

I guess Xavier did know what they were doing! Congrats Ms Schaeffer!!! The Bluebirds are rooting for you!

 

 

I remember talking to Jamie at a HHS football game and she compared Leah to MKG in regards to all-around game. Said she could lock down the PG on one play and guard the post on the next.

Count me as a doubter after watching her play throughout high school, but she is most certainly proving me wrong early in her career. According to my kids, Leah has bulked up a little since last year which I am sure is helping her tremendously at the college level. Keep working hard Leah and all of the Bluebird and NKY faithful are wishing you nothing but success.

Outstanding high school player. Glad to see she is getting off to a good start at the next level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.