Ironton, OH @ Raceland Predictions

sidelinedoc

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Should be a good, and interesting game. Everyone is anticipating a huge crowd to watch two teams that I think have only played each other once and that was 40 years ago. Should be a great atmosphere.

Yes, on the estimated crowd I believe that preparations for just that will be in progress all week, including parking at nearby churches, possible shuttles to the stadium/field. Probably added seating - bringing bleachers from the baseball field.

I know one thing for certain....anyone wanting to attend had best get there early, real early. I would say that arriving round 5:30pm if you want seating wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one imo will be one of if not the toughest game this season. The time to have had the best shot at Ironton is early, those inexperienced plyers in mid August have now got a season under their belt.

Ironton has far too much pride and tradition to come over here and lay down. A bad Ironton team is good. I don't think that "if" the Rams win it will be by a 2 or 3 TD margin. Should Raceland play as they did vs. Fairview the I am not sure that anyone beats the Rams, should they come out like they did in a couple of others, Ironton goes home with the W. I am going to pick Raceland but would not be surprised at all if the Fighting Tigers get the win, not at all.

Raceland - 21

Ironton, OH - 19

Just remember, Ironton is playing for a spot in the playoffs. A win over us will pretty much assure them that. We are playing for pride and a chance to beat a storied Ohio football program. I just hope Coach Maynard has them focused and ready to win game #500 in school history. Now that would be an awesome team to win #500 against wouldn't it?!

I hope and pray that both teams get through this one with no injuries. With the playoffs starting the next week for Raceland and in two weeks for Ironton I certainly want both going in post season as healthy as possible.

BTW....With Halloween this week and both teams wearing Orange and Black...some very strange things could happen......:sssh: :eek: :scared:.........................................

BOOO !!

The Rams take this one, although I think it will be closer than some might think, this is do or die time for Ironton.

I have spoken to several people, including a coach at Ironton that is a good friend of mine, and they like their chances Friday night. We better come out ready to play because the Tigers are playing with something to prove and do not want their season to end on this side of the river. They are 1-2 against KY schools this year, losing to Johnson Central and Ashland and beating Russell.

Seniors .......This is your last regular season game at Ram Stadium. Yes, you have a home playoff game, possibly a couple more.

What I am saying is this - Think about it Seniors, you are only promised 8 more quarters of football on the field you grew up playing on. JFL, Jr. High, Frosh, JV, to Rams Varsity Football . 8 Quarters = 96 minutes promised on the grass at Ram Stadium's field. You are playing your Last home regular season game this Friday vs. a perennial Ohio State power / tradition team in Ironton, OH. how great a feeling would it be to finish up your regular seasons with a W ? Friday Night....4 Qtrs. = 48 minutes. How do you want it to go ?