44th District Draw

4 out the last 5 year this has happened. This district should go to seeding and the 4 teams play each other twice during the year. I think that would make the weaker teams have to improve if they want to advance. But I am sure Model and Berea will never go for that. To bad that this district will have one weak team going to the region. Southern's record may not look good but at least they have picked up better teams to play this year and with the things that has happened with a couple of players leaving the team have played will.

Why dont Berea and Model get over it and be like most of the state and seed and quit playing chicken? I mean who is deserving to go to the region those guys or MC MS? Yeah Southern has been beaten by some very good teams Lafayette tonight by 5. If I were Feldhaus or Buttrey I would quit playing them!! Someone in the region will get a bye playing one of those two.

Why dont Berea and Model get over it and be like most of the state and seed and quit playing chicken? I mean who is deserving to go to the region those guys or MC MS? Yeah Southern has been beaten by some very good teams Lafayette tonight by 5. If I were Feldhaus or Buttrey I would quit playing them!! Someone in the region will get a bye playing one of those two.

It's not just Berea or Model's choice. It has to be voted on by all of the schools in the district. Also, they would still have to play one them in the district tournament.

It will have to come from others higher up in the KHSAA to make this happen because Berea and Model will never do it. They like the idea that one of them can go to the region while Southern and Central takeout one another. Southern has drop one game against Berea this year, they use to play twice a year. I agree that Central and Southern should not play them at all thru out the year if it means nothing come tourney time. Other districts like the idea of the this district is doing this. Also why doesn't this district and region rotate the tourney games at other schools instead it all is at Eastern. Other districts and regions rotate each year so all the schools can gain from it.