Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top WR Corps in NKY

Featured Replies

After reading through the Top QB's in NKY thread it got me wondering what teams had the best WR corps in the NKY area. A QB will only be as succesful as his receivers are and vice versa. I am not talking about the top WR, but the entire Wide Receiver corp for a team.

 

I'd have to say Highlands has to be considered #1 simply due to their depth. No other team in the area I can think of that platoons 4 wideouts every other play which is really fun to watch.

 

After that I have to say I am pretty impressed with Cooper's WR's. Clearly the best and deepest part of their team. Ludwig their QB is taking advantage of this group by spreading the ball around which makes it difficult for defenses to key on one or 2 guys.

Out of 6 TD passes this year they have 5 different players with a TD catch. They also have 5 recievers with 5 or more receptions already and 5 with more than 60 yards recieving with 3 over 100 yards already. The recieving corps has opened up the running game the last 2 games which has Avery Bricking rushing for over 100 yards the last 2 games. This may be the most balanced offense Cooper has ever had.

 

this is a tough topic to rate teams with because many teams don't turn their stats in so I was curious what others thought and what some other teams WR Corps are doing?

SK and Conner have some good receivers!

  • Author
SK and Conner have some good receivers!

I know they do, but I'm talking about the wr corps as a whole. Everyteam or at least most teams have 1 or maybe even 2 really good recievers, but not a lot have 4-5.

If the Mitch Thomas injury has not forced Stringer from WR to RB, I would have put Beechwood's top 5 against any top 5 in the area - Shover, Studer, Stringer, Slusher and Hayden. Some serious, serious speed in that crew. They also have Everett, TE Stokes and perhaps the fastest kid on the team, Jeremy Burns, for more depth. So the depth has been hurt a little by the Thomas injury but the Tigers are very good at WR.

I know they do, but I'm talking about the wr corps as a whole. Everyteam or at least most teams have 1 or maybe even 2 really good recievers, but not a lot have 4-5.

 

Simon Kenton's stats receiving.

 

12 D. Powell (So) 2 27 13.50 9.0 20 1

15 G. Wassom (Sr) 13 183 14.08 61.0 32 3

18 L. McEntryre (Sr) 5 60 12.00 20.0 27

2 K. Heflin (Jr) 2 26 13.00 8.7 14

4 L. Winkler (Jr) 10 101 10.10 33.7 22

5 E. Meenach (Sr) 2 35 17.50 11.7 18

87 G. Vercheak (Jr) 2 19 9.50 6.3 10

  • Author
If the Mitch Thomas injury has not forced Stringer from WR to RB, I would have put Beechwood's top 5 against any top 5 in the area - Shover, Studer, Stringer, Slusher and Hayden. Some serious, serious speed in that crew. They also have Everett, TE Stokes and perhaps the fastest kid on the team, Jeremy Burns, for more depth. So the depth has been hurt a little by the Thomas injury but the Tigers are very good at WR.

I liked the BW WR's going into the season and was really excited to see what Burns could do this year. I think he may be one of the underrated WR's in the area only due to not getting used a lot.

After reading through the Top QB's in NKY thread it got me wondering what teams had the best WR corps in the NKY area. A QB will only be as succesful as his receivers are and vice versa. I am not talking about the top WR, but the entire Wide Receiver corp for a team.

 

I'd have to say Highlands has to be considered #1 simply due to their depth. No other team in the area I can think of that platoons 4 wideouts every other play which is really fun to watch.

 

After that I have to say I am pretty impressed with Cooper's WR's. Clearly the best and deepest part of their team. Ludwig their QB is taking advantage of this group by spreading the ball around which makes it difficult for defenses to key on one or 2 guys.

Out of 6 TD passes this year they have 5 different players with a TD catch. They also have 5 recievers with 5 or more receptions already and 5 with more than 60 yards recieving with 3 over 100 yards already. The recieving corps has opened up the running game the last 2 games which has Avery Bricking rushing for over 100 yards the last 2 games. This may be the most balanced offense Cooper has ever had.

 

this is a tough topic to rate teams with because many teams don't turn their stats in so I was curious what others thought and what some other teams WR Corps are doing?

 

It all starts with the O-line, without a good one you can't run or pass.

SK has really good possession receivers and a very accurate quarterback. They won't fill up the stat sheet because Kuntz spreads the ball around so much and Powell is a dominate back behind a huge O line. No burners (except for Powell), but guys that catch EVERYTHING.

SK has certainly impressed me the most of the NKY 6A teams.

It all starts with the O-line, without a good one you can't run or pass.

 

5star I couldnt agree more!

  • Author
It all starts with the O-line, without a good one you can't run or pass.

Which is actually what has impressed me most with Ludwig and his WR's. they lost all but 1 player from their line last year and as they continue to improve They are doing just enough to allow the WR's to get it done.

Which is actually what has impressed me most with Ludwig and his WR's. they lost all but 1 player from their line last year and as they continue to improve They are doing just enough to allow the WR's to get it done.

 

I will see how good they are next week. :D

  • Author
I will see how good they are next week. :D

 

You coming to the CC Cooper game?

You coming to the CC Cooper game?

 

The week after that. :D

  • Author
The week after that. :D

Sweet!! You buying me a hot dog at the game?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.