Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd 8 Highlands 5

Featured Replies

Birds suffer another long inning with poor defense and walks that spoils the rest of the effort. 2 straight days. Hopefully they have gotten it out of their system prior to the District Tourney next week.

 

On a bright note, SR Schultz pitched a few innings for the 1st time since very early in the season. After such a long layoff, the velocity was good, the breaking ball was moving (but not fully under control as you would expect) and the instincts were there. If he can get a few innings v. Ryle on SAT and maybe an inning or 2 in the district tournament, he could be a tremendous addition to the pitching staff with SO Jones, JR Cochran and SR Liggett out of the bullpen. Those 3 starters were the key to the HHS late run in 2012. Maybe they can repeat the feat in 2013.

 

On another bright note, 2 straight games where the Birds bats' came alive. Lots of good swings and solid contact.

 

Final home game of 2013 scheduled for FRI v. Conner.

Seems that the Birds are sputtering down the stretch, complete opposite of last year. I'm sure with all the seniors they will realize they only have a few chances left in their high school career and turn it on.

hey all have big game experience so I would expect a more barros focus during Districts and Regionales.

Lloyd is also a very good team. One of the surprise teams in the 9th region this year.

Lloyd is also a very good team. One of the surprise teams in the 9th region this year.

Who pitched for Lloyd?And yes Lloyd has a very good team.I know they have at least 2 players who are playing at the next level in Brown and Stevens and maybe a third.Any team that takes them as a pushover may regret it.

  • Author
Who pitched for Lloyd?And yes Lloyd has a very good team.I know they have at least 2 players who are playing at the next level in Brown and Stevens and maybe a third.Any team that takes them as a pushover may regret it.

 

#10 - Hostetler? (excuse the spelling if that is not even close). Lots of off speed stuff that kept the Birds off balance.

#10 - Hostetler? (excuse the spelling if that is not even close). Lots of off speed stuff that kept the Birds off balance.

 

Moiliter lol but you were close.He is 7-0 this year and only a sophmore.Also hits the ball very well to boot.He is one to watch the next couple years

#10 - Hostetler? (excuse the spelling if that is not even close). Lots of off speed stuff that kept the Birds off balance.

 

 

Its really going to be intresting to see who Lloyd starts in the district semi against St. Henry.Brown has lost 3 straight district semi games and has not pitched well at all this year or the younger Moilter who is on a 7 game winning strek but only a sophmore.I would throw the kid but since Browns uncle is the pitching coach I would say Brown gets the ball.

Another intresting match up will be Ryle and Cooper.Cooper has underacheived this year but Ryle has a history of losing the big game and if Dunn gets the ball and Cooper plays defense I think they can pull off a upset.

Its really going to be intresting to see who Lloyd starts in the district semi against St. Henry.Brown has lost 3 straight district semi games and has not pitched well at all this year or the younger Moilter who is on a 7 game winning strek but only a sophmore.I would throw the kid but since Browns uncle is the pitching coach I would say Brown gets the ball.

Another intresting match up will be Ryle and Cooper.Cooper has underacheived this year but Ryle has a history of losing the big game and if Dunn gets the ball and Cooper plays defense I think they can pull off a upset.

I disagree you have to go with the senior Brown in districts.I agree he is not the pitcher he was but his experience is what counts.And I think your wrong about his uncle being the pitching coach I think its his father.You also have to take into account who has the youngster faced in those 7 wins?

I disagree you have to go with the senior Brown in districts.I agree he is not the pitcher he was but his experience is what counts.And I think your wrong about his uncle being the pitching coach I think its his father.You also have to take into account who has the youngster faced in those 7 wins?

Uncle or dad really doesnt matter.And if you checked your facts you would see in those 7 wins it includes wins over Highlands,NCC and Brossart 3 pretty darn good hitting teams.I would no doubt give him the start.Plus St. Henry has teed off on Brown and know him very well give them a new look.Defination of insanity trying the samething over and over again and expecting a different result,Numbers dont lie Brown 0-3 in district semi games all against St. Henry......

Uncle or dad really doesnt matter.And if you checked your facts you would see in those 7 wins it includes wins over Highlands,NCC and Brossart 3 pretty darn good hitting teams.I would no doubt give him the start.Plus St. Henry has teed off on Brown and know him very well give them a new look.Defination of insanity trying the samething over and over again and expecting a different result,Numbers dont lie Brown 0-3 in district semi games all against St. Henry......

I was not aware of the quality teams he has faced.Still ill take the senior over the sophmore.

Uncle or dad really doesnt matter.And if you checked your facts you would see in those 7 wins it includes wins over Highlands,NCC and Brossart 3 pretty darn good hitting teams.I would no doubt give him the start.Plus St. Henry has teed off on Brown and know him very well give them a new look.Defination of insanity trying the samething over and over again and expecting a different result,Numbers dont lie Brown 0-3 in district semi games all against St. Henry......

 

 

Numbers don't lie, but your facts aren't always so accurate... haha

 

I would think that both might get the opportunity to pitch in this one. Possibly Molitor and Brown in a combo with softer and harder throwing to keep St Henry off balance??

St Henry might throw Rose or LaCorte and then go to Kuebbing so he doesn't have to go the whole game.

Any of these pitchers have shown that they can compete, so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

 

 

Lloyd did beat St Henry earlier in the year (seed game) and Brown pitched that game (Molitor caught).

 

As for "teeing off" on Brown, maybe St Henry did, but the "numbers that don't lie" don't show that.

2-1 loss for Lloyd vs St Henry in districts in 2011,

5-4 loss for Lloyd vs St Henry in the epic 11 inning district tournament game is 2012 (2-1 Lloyd, when Brown left in the 7th).

 

Agreed that pitching is the name of the game, but the Juggs need to score a few runs in a district game.

2010- 1 run vs Dixie in 4-1 loss

2011 - 1 run vs St Henry is 2-1 loss

2012 - 2 runs (through 7) vs St Henry in 5-4 loss in 11 innings

 

Lloyd's hitting and run production seems to be up this year, so hopefully that will carry over into the district tournament.

 

Should be a good game.

Numbers don't lie, but your facts aren't always so accurate... haha

 

I would think that both might get the opportunity to pitch in this one. Possibly Molitor and Brown in a combo with softer and harder throwing to keep St Henry off balance??

St Henry might throw Rose or LaCorte and then go to Kuebbing so he doesn't have to go the whole game.

Any of these pitchers have shown that they can compete, so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

 

 

Lloyd did beat St Henry earlier in the year (seed game) and Brown pitched that game (Molitor caught).

 

As for "teeing off" on Brown, maybe St Henry did, but the "numbers that don't lie" don't show that.

2-1 loss for Lloyd vs St Henry in districts in 2011,

5-4 loss for Lloyd vs St Henry in the epic 11 inning district tournament game is 2012 (2-1 Lloyd, when Brown left in the 7th).

 

Agreed that pitching is the name of the game, but the Juggs need to score a few runs in a district game.

2010- 1 run vs Dixie in 4-1 loss

2011 - 1 run vs St Henry is 2-1 loss

2012 - 2 runs (through 7) vs St Henry in 5-4 loss in 11 innings

 

Lloyd's hitting and run production seems to be up this year, so hopefully that will carry over into the district tournament.

 

Should be a good game.

Thanks for the numbers.I was at all the games you mentioned and by your handle I assume you were also.In the 2012 game yes the score was 2-1 in the 7th when Brown left but you forgot to mention he walked the bases loaded before he was taken out.I blame that on poor coaching.But your right this should be one of the better first round games in the region.I have been told Kuebbing will not pitch.I hope that is wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.