Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 4 Newport Central Catholic 3

Featured Replies

Just like a couple of weeks ago the Birds and the Breds play another close one with the Birds prevailing by the same 4-3 margin. Both pitchers throw excellent games and the defense was very good for both teams, but the Breds need to hit with runners in scoring position. The 5th inning (both halves) hurt us tonight.

 

NewCath 1st - FO8, GO1-3, GO6-3.

 

Highlands 1st - PO4, FO8, Graybill double down the rightfield line that just does draw some chalk, GO4-3.

 

NewCath 2nd - Schreiber single, Burkart with a "screamer" up the middle that rolls under the centerfields glove allowing Schreiber to score (Burkart to 2nd), GO5-3 (Burkart to 3rd). Then Enzweiler with a grounder to 3rd and Burkart is off with the throw to 1st, but she is cutdown at the plate 3-2.

 

Highlands 2nd - K, PO4, K. NewCath 1-0.

 

NewCath 3rd - GO1-3, Neace single, PO6, K.

 

Highlands 3rd - FO9, PO2, Quillen triple to the rightcenter gap, PO5. NewCath 1-0.

 

NewCath 4th - Zimmerman single and advances to 2nd on a PB, LO5, GO4-3 (Zimmerman to 3rd), PO6.

 

Highlands 4th - FO8, K, PO6. NewCath 1-0.

 

NewCath 5th - K, Mertle doubles to right on a one-hopper to the fence, GO6-3, BB, BB, K.

 

Highlands 5th - K, Leighty bunt single, Spencer single (Leighty to 3rd), Coffey RBI sac bunt 1-3, BB, BB, BB, Dutcher two-run single, FO7. Highlands 4-1.

 

NewCath 6th - Schreiber single, K, PO2, GO2 (Graybill unassisted).

 

Highlands 6th - FO9, E4, sac2-3, K.

 

NewCath 7th - K, Neace single, Ware single to SS, Kohls single to SS, (the previous to plays by Haley Coffey were unbelievable stops), E6 (couldn't make it 3 in a row) run scores, Schreiber rbi FC, and the game ends......after fouling off the 1st two pitches, Burkart goes down swinging.

 

NewCath (7-10) 0-1-0-0-0-0-2---3-8-1

Highlands (8-5). 0-0-0-0-4-0-x---4-5-2

 

Hitting

 

NewCath - Schreiber 2-4, rbi. Neace 2-3. Mertle double.

Highlands - Quillen triple, Dutcher single 2RBI's.

 

Pitching

 

NewCath - Neace 4R, 4ER, 5K's, 3BB's.

Highlands - Spencer - 3R, 0ER, 6K's, 2BB's.

 

Congrats to coach Coffey and his girls on the victory, as well as, to the Highlands coaches for getting the field in excellent playing condition.

Edited by Lawnboy13

Sounds like a fun game, Congrats to HHS.

  • Author
Just like a couple of weeks ago the Birds and the Breds play another close one with the Birds prevailing by the same 4-3 margin. Both pitchers throw excellent games and the defense was very good for both teams, but the Breds need to hit with runners in scoring position. The 5th inning (both halves) hurt us tonight.

 

NewCath 1st - FO8, GO1-3, GO6-3.

 

Highlands 1st - PO4, FO8, Graybill double down the rightfield line that just does draw some chalk, GO4-3.

 

NewCath 2nd - Schreiber single, Burkart with a "screamer" up the middle that rolls under the centerfields glove allowing Schreiber to score (Burkart to 2nd), GO5-3 (Burkart to 3rd). Then Enzweiler with a grounder to 3rd and Burkart is off with the throw to 1st, but she is cutdown at the plate 3-2.

 

Highlands 2nd - K, PO4, K. NewCath 1-0.

 

NewCath 3rd - GO1-3, Neace single, PO6, K.

 

Highlands 3rd - FO9, PO2, Quillen triple to the rightcenter gap, PO5. NewCath 1-0.

 

NewCath 4th - Zimmerman single and advances to 2nd on a PB, LO5, GO4-3 (Zimmerman to 3rd), PO6.

 

Highlands 4th - FO8, K, PO6. NewCath 1-0.

 

NewCath 5th - K, Mertle doubles to right on a one-hopper to the fence, GO6-3, BB, BB, K.

 

Highlands 5th - K, Leighty bunt single, Spencer single (Leighty to 3rd), Coffey RBI sac bunt 1-3, BB, BB, BB, Dutcher two-run single, FO7. Highlands 4-1.

 

NewCath 6th - Schreiber single, K, PO2, GO2 (Graybill unassisted).

 

Highlands 6th - FO9, E4, sac2-3, K.

 

NewCath 7th - K, Neace single, Ware single to SS, Kohls single to SS, (the previous to plays by Haley Coffey were unbelievable stops), E6 (couldn't make it 3 in a row) run scores, Schreiber rbi FC, and the game ends......after fouling off the 1st two pitches, Burkart goes down swinging.

 

NewCath (7-10) 0-1-0-0-0-0-2---3-8-1

Highlands (8-5). 0-0-0-0-4-0-x---4-5-2

 

Hitting

 

NewCath - Schreiber 2-4, rbi. Neace 2-3. Mertle double.

Highlands - Quillen triple, Dutcher single 2RBI's.

 

Pitching

 

NewCath - Neace 4R, 4ER, 5K's, 3BB's.

Highlands - Spencer - 3R, 0ER, 6K's, 2BB's.

 

Congrats to coach Coffey and his girls on the victory, as well as, to the Highlands coaches for getting the field in excellent playing condition.

 

3-9-1

Was a great game that went way to fast. Only had 1 umpire but I thought he was the best we have seen all year. Got to meet Lawnboy finally. I am convinced he does witchcraft to keep us from hitting!

  • Author
Was a great game that went way to fast. Only had 1 umpire but I thought he was the best we have seen all year. Got to meet Lawnboy finally. I am convinced he does witchcraft to keep us from hitting!

 

Likewise.

 

I'm glad you mentioned the umpire, he definitely did one hell of a job tonight. I can't think of any calls, including balls and strikes, that were near questionable.

Likewise.

 

I'm glad you mentioned the umpire, he definitely did one hell of a job tonight. I can't think of any calls, including balls and strikes, that were near questionable.

 

I hope he gets chance to umpire in the regional tournament this year. He was so consistent with his zone that it was near impossible to say anything. He did admit when Turner hit that shot to left he thought it was gone and didn't watch the bases. Since it was caught it was fine.

Do you know which ump you had? I know a few of the guys from back in the day

  • Author
I hope he gets chance to umpire in the regional tournament this year. He was so consistent with his zone that it was near impossible to say anything. He did admit when Turner hit that shot to left he thought it was gone and didn't watch the bases. Since it was caught it was fine.

 

Best game I've seen called in some time.

 

Our left fielder made one hell of a catch.

Do you know which ump you had? I know a few of the guys from back in the day

 

It was a young guy. o don't know if was around back then.

Best game I've seen called in some time.

 

Our left fielder made one hell of a catch.

 

It was definitely one oft he best catches I have seen this year for sure.

Is it just me or has NCC played the most 1-run games in the history of softball?

It was a young guy. o don't know if was around back then.

 

If by young you mean 20's young, it has to be Seth Wiggins since I think he's the only young guy that umpires in the 9th (prob late 20s early 30s). Saw him a few years ago doing a regional game then didn't see him again (which I believe coaches vote on who gets those games). Glad to hear he's still around in the 9th, they need some youth.

Do you know which ump you had? I know a few of the guys from back in the day

 

Seth Wiggins. Very good!

I need to apologize to NCC. I may have given the ky post too many errors. Read the wrong line. Although I did record 10 hits for the Breds. They did a nice job finding holes last night. I think Coffey spent more time in the dirt diving for balls in the 7th than she did on her feet. She did keep them in the infield with the extra effort though. Nice job #9

He said after game he Umped a couple years ago! He did a great job its not often when both teams say an umpire did a good job! The game was well played by the young ladies from both teams with several nice defensive plays! I have to say it was nice change for the umpire not wanting center stage, and just do his job.

 

If by young you mean 20's young, it has to be Seth Wiggins since I think he's the only young guy that umpires in the 9th (prob late 20s early 30s). Saw him a few years ago doing a regional game then didn't see him again (which I believe coaches vote on who gets those games). Glad to hear he's still around in the 9th, they need some youth.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.