April 26, 201313 yr Well seeing how you have no idea who I am and what I do know about the Bengals, I find it hard for you to ever correctly predict what I have ever thought about the Bengals. The year before I had them going to the playoffs due to their easy schedule before the season started. You really have no clue about anything I know or how big of a fan I am of the Bengals. There is only 1 person on this entire site that has any idea about me and the Bengals, and that will be kept between he and I. It would surprise you though. Since you've only known me for less than a year, do me a favor and keep your stereotypical assumptions to yourself when it comes to me. You don't see me making assumptions about you and what you predicted about the bengals over the past 10 years, you should try the same and simply reply to things you know something about and stick to the posts at hand instead of continuing making things up. That is the best advice you will ever get, you're welcome. Continuing to make things up coming from the person who has been the king of that the past few months, and has had that pointed out to him countless times to prove to you how it was made up. Now I will say this that I can't prove on this that you didn't think they would make it two years ago, so I am man enough to say I apologize since that is something I can't prove like on all the other things that I did prove that was made up. So I apoloigize for that. Hey if you really thought they would make the playoffs two years ago, then I wish you would have came on this site two years ago. I was basically the only one on here who thought that, and took a beating for thinking that haha. Most people saw the bengals losing all those people, a rookie QB, etc. Yet didn't take a look at how the schedule was very favorable to them. So trust me if that is what you thought then I wish you were on here, it would have been nice to have someone else thinking that too. I have the post on here in the past to prove that, because I do put myself out there on my predictions. So once again I do apologize because you were right I can't prove that to be true, since you weren't on here two years ago. I wish you were though since you thought that. :thumb:
April 28, 201313 yr I had more important things to do than come to this site when I didn't know about this site then, but hey whatever floats your boat. Did you know the Ravens got the highest grade in the draft out of the AFCN teams from espn? So explain to me again how they got worse this offseason and the Bengals are much better. Let me re-phrase that last question. Since the Ravens were rated the highest followed by the Bengalls in the AFCN draft, how much better did the Bengals get this off season than the Ravens? Edited April 28, 201313 yr by Hellbird
April 28, 201313 yr Draft grades are a complete joke. Go back and look at draft grades that ESPN assigned to teams in 2008 and then see if they are accurate now. I will go out on a limb and say some were correct, some were way off. SOS is about as meaningless. The NFL is designed to get teams that were bad last year to be better this year. They get the better draft picks and the "in theory" easier schedule.
April 28, 201313 yr I had more important things to do than come to this site when I didn't know about this site then, but hey whatever floats your boat. Did you know the Ravens got the highest grade in the draft out of the AFCN teams from espn? So explain to me again how they got worse this offseason and the Bengals are much better. Let me re-phrase that last question. Since the Ravens were rated the highest followed by the Bengalls in the AFCN draft, how much better did the Bengals get this off season than the Ravens? My man I can easily explain it to you. First of all I am not saying you are wrong because maybe you seen some guy on ESPN say the Ravens had a better draft, since there are so many ESPN guys who do that. However the only ratings on the draft I can find on the draft have the Bengals and Ravens having the same grade for the draft at an A-. I will even provide the link for you. I am not saying you are wrong but can you show me a link where ESPN has the Ravens draft as better because what they have on there that I see is the same grade. Kiper Jr.'s post-draft grades on AFC North - AFC North Blog - ESPN So if they both had the same good draft, that means they stay equal there ok. How about this off season when it comes to things, obviously the Bengals basically kept the whole playoff team intact from last year. The same team who had the same record as the Ravens. While the Ravens lost their heart and soul of their team in Rey Lewis, they lost a playmaker safety which QB's feared. They lost one of their key pass rushers last year in Kruger, and they lost one of Flacco's top targets especially when it came to big plays. Now they did gain a pass rusher in Dumerville to even out losing Kruger. Michael Huff at safety has underachieved from what was expected of him, and even though Reed was old he is no Ed Reed. Then obviously when it comes to middle linebacker, they definitely didn't get better there. Especially when you go with all the intangibles like leadership Lewis brought. We seen how well they did last year when he got hurt, meaning not good at all. On offense who did they replace Boldin with? Does not seem like they upgraded there either. So yeah I think that pretty much explains who the Ravens got worst, while the Bengals did improve their team from last year. I don't know how you can realistically say the Ravens got better this off season. But hey I know you wouldn't want to ever admit anything about being wrong since it involves me, so lets here your new great ways on how the Bengals didn't get better but yet the Ravens still improved haha.
April 29, 201313 yr No other response about the Ravens apparently having a better draft? However now I know from the other thread you don't look at links that show different things than your opinion. So my bad I won't post links like this anymore for you.
May 2, 201313 yr The Ravens ended last year as the Super Bowl Champs. Now to start next year at this point ESPN just came out with their new ranking and has them rated as the 8th best team in the NFL with the Bengals right behind him. So they went from Super Bowl Champs to 8th, sounds like others think they are not as good this year. While the Bengals moved up from where they were last year after their playoff lost. So seems like people think the Bengals did get better. Sure seems to me that people also have the Bengals right up there with the Ravens now, and not just me.
December 25, 201312 yr Anyone know what the strength of schedules for teams ended up being? I like to look back at things on how we thought it would be, and then how it truly turned out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.