Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 5 Conner 3

Featured Replies

Ryle came to play. Mitchell see pitched stellar 6 innings,and Tyler mason was mr clutch today with two 2 out RBI hits off Maines . Thomas Baumann with an RBI Triple off Maines. Unbelievable game by both sides. Fun to watch. There was major drama delaying the game about 20-30 minutes in the third right after Tyler mason got a base knock to score Jackson Brennan. The catcher was tossed from the game and a few Conner parents got in a scuffle causing the games delay. Pretty intense! Great game! The raiders improve record to 13-1 and play cov cath Wednesday at ryle!

  • Replies 61
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the play that created all the craziness. I've seen a still photo of the slide and noted nothing of interest involving the runner or catcher. And word is there is a video of the play but I haven't seen that posted yet.

 

Conner's catcher was ejected after that play. As TT noted there was a long delay but the cause was a Ryle fan who came over to the fence in the midst of the Conner parents and started cursing at a number of Conner women (mothers and grandparents of players). I'm not sure what made this older gentleman do that but it wasn't well received as you can imagine.

 

I was standing 2 feet from the man when this happened. He was asked by me and a couple other parents to make his way back over to the other side but he continued berating some of the parents and refused to go back to the other side of the field. He left once he was informed by a Conner administrator that the police were being called.

 

Beyond all that insanity, the game was well pitched by Maines and See. I thought both threw pretty well. Both got hit a little but were pretty effective.

 

Maines and Williams hit the ball hard for Conner and Baumann smoked one to left center for Ryle. I also noted a nice at bat by Eric Clarkson who took what Maines gave him and lined one to right field.

 

Ryle is the better team right now. Not by a lot. I like a lot of the Ryle players and every one I know is a good kid with a good attitude. Conner's coaches will have to get control of their team and to this point they've tolerated selfish agendas which are preventing any kind of team chemistry to form.

 

JMO.

  • Author

The escalation really began in the first when tyler mason got his first hit and Brennan ran home and Maines tripped him. They had a few words back and forth from the look of it and the umpires warned both teams. Then a pretty much identical play occurred in the third with Tyler getting a hit and Brennan scoring but this time the catcher got involved and he was tossed immediately. Pretty crazy event. But the game in general definitely had the feeling of a post season atmosphere.

If this was blake hart it don't suprise me, the kid is good but has been getting ejected since he was 10yrs old anger issues.

The escalation really began in the first when tyler mason got his first hit and Brennan ran home and Maines tripped him. They had a few words back and forth from the look of it and the umpires warned both teams. Then a pretty much identical play occurred in the third with Tyler getting a hit and Brennan scoring but this time the catcher got involved and he was tossed immediately. Pretty crazy event. But the game in general definitely had the feeling of a post season atmosphere.

If this is the case, and after hearing all the issues this young season so far with Maines, I really hope a kid with the talent he has can keep his head on straight the rest of the way. Too much talent to be passed by from teams at the next level due to attitude. I want to see him be very succesful, hope he realizes that and simply goees out and play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

All and all it was a fun game to watch. Both teams are plenty strong both offensively and defensively. BGP probably isn't the place to air the details of the 'drama' that played out in the early part of the game. I will say that none of the Ryle players or parents who saw the fan that addressed the Conner parents recognized him. With that said I'm unable to positively say one way or the other whether he is a Ryle fan or not. As a baseball fan (Ryle or otherwise) I find this type of behavior unacceptable regardless of which team one may be rooting for.

Blake Maines may have a bad reputation... However let me say this, he DID NOT have a single thing to do with the incident. Which in all honesty, was not really a big deal on the field. The issue is with the Ryle person who decided it would be a wise choice to walk from the far end of the bleachers to the opposite side of the facility just so he could harass some parents.

 

He continued his obnoxious behaviors, even shoving his elbow into a mans face before he left when he assumed the police were being called. The police were not called. The athletic director, Tom Stellman, was called.

 

I was at the game. Within hearing distance of the pre mentioned Ryle parent when the whole issue occurred. Any other side of the story is bunk. I was literally within 10 feet of the whole thing.

 

It's already being blown way out of proportion. It all boils down to absurd behavior by a moronic person. There was really nothing that happened ON the field that was out of line. Nobody tripped anyone purposely. Players collide from time to time playing baseball. And that is what happened, incidental contact. The plate up even said out loud "It was an accident" when the Ryle kid tripped over Maines, who was trying to back up the catcher during a potential play at the plate in the first inning.

 

Blue Tip, I'm interested to hear what you mean by "selfish agendas" in regards to the Conners players.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Me thinks a moderator should think about locking this thread before things go from bad to worse!

Blake Maines may have a bad reputation... However let me say this, he DID NOT have a single thing to do with the incident. Which in all honesty, was not really a big deal on the field. The issue is with the Ryle person who decided it would be a wise choice to walk from the far end of the bleachers to the opposite side of the facility just so he could harass some parents.

 

He continued his obnoxious behaviors, even shoving his elbow into a mans face before he left when he assumed the police were being called. The police were not called. The athletic director, Tom Stellman, was called.

 

I was at the game. Within hearing distance of the pre mentioned Ryle parent when the whole issue occurred. Any other side of the story is bunk. I was literally within 10 feet of the whole thing.

 

It's already being blown way out of proportion. It all boils down to absurd behavior by a moronic person. There was really nothing that happened ON the field that was out of line. Nobody tripped anyone purposely. Players collide from time to time playing baseball. And that is what happened, incidental contact. The plate up even said out loud "It was an accident" when the Ryle kid tripped over Maines, who was trying to back up the catcher during a potential play at the plate in the first inning.

 

Blue Tip, I'm interested to hear what you mean by "selfish agendas" in regards to the Conners players.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That is great to hear. Glad that the kids are at least keeping it clean, shame that a parent has to get out of control like that at a kids game. That is all it is aftreall, a game.
That is great to hear. Glad that the kids are at least keeping it clean' date=' shame that a parent has to get out of control like that at a kids game. That is all it is aftreall, a game.[/quote']

 

Let me correct something from my previous post. I posted it was a Ryle parent. That was an assumption on my part. I am not certain of he was a Ryle parent or not. However he did come from the Ryle section of the bleachers and he was wearing black. So odds are good he was a supporter of Ryle in some way shape or form.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The escalation really began in the first when tyler mason got his first hit and Brennan ran home and Maines tripped him. They had a few words back and forth from the look of it and the umpires warned both teams. Then a pretty much identical play occurred in the third with Tyler getting a hit and Brennan scoring but this time the catcher got involved and he was tossed immediately. Pretty crazy event. But the game in general definitely had the feeling of a post season atmosphere.

 

Ok I didn't have this perspective since I arrived late and missed the first inning of the game. The intentional or accidental tripping of the Ryle runner probably affected the umpires' views of any event that occurred after that.

 

And I won't be naming names on here regarding Conner's issues. They are obvious to anyone that watches them regularly. The coaches lost the team last year and it spiraled into a disappointing season. They need to get control of this year's team if Conner hopes to make any run during the tournament.

Talking with Ryle and Conner fans no one knew who the disorderly guy was who was ejected. I heard he was everybody from Roesel's dad to the new Pope Francis. Skipping over the controversy, lets say even if the ump totally blew the player ejection call, letting the kid pull his car the backstop and blare music so loud it interrupted the game is ridiculous. That's on the coach.

Blake Maines impressed pitching and with the stick, I believe he had 3 doubles and managed his composure well when a few errors happened. He kept Conner close. Mitch See pitched masterfully and Jake Ashley gunning down Fogle and Ross was stellar. Baumann adding another triple to the school record and Tyler Mason I believe 2 more doubles helped Ryle out pace the Cougars. It was a very exciting game.

Wow, wish I would have gone to this game. Both teams are very good and have high expectations. Always a fun game to watch.

 

To have a parent, and or whomever, purposely come over to the competitors bleachers and say things to the teams parents and or friends during the game is unacceptable behavior. Perhaps the umps didn't know this was going on as I'm sure they would have kicked him out. This isn't knothole and or little league! Terrible example for our kids!

 

Looking forward to them hopefully matching up again.

Wow, wish I would have gone to this game. Both teams are very good and have high expectations. Always a fun game to watch.

 

To have a parent, and or whomever, purposely come over to the competitors bleachers and say things to the teams parents and or friends during the game is unacceptable behavior. Perhaps the umps didn't know this was going on as I'm sure they would have kicked him out. This isn't knothole and or little league! Terrible example for our kids!

 

Looking forward to them hopefully matching up again.

 

I didn't realize this behavior was acceptable at knothole and little league games. I will make note of it.

You're so right Foghorn. My bad. Unacceptable at any forum.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.