Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3 point line

Featured Replies

The 3 point line for high school isn't the problem. The problem is at the lower levels of development. I hate to sit and watch an elementary game, or for that matter a middle school game, where kids are launching 3 pointers. I say if you do anything, you eliminate the 3 point shot from these levels and start teaching kids fundamentals again, like a mid-range jumper.

The 3 point line for high school isn't the problem. The problem is at the lower levels of development. I hate to sit and watch an elementary game, or for that matter a middle school game, where kids are launching 3 pointers. I say if you do anything, you eliminate the 3 point shot from these levels and start teaching kids fundamentals again, like a mid-range jumper.

Great post. There are definently to many three's been taking by younger kids (grade school, middle school). This just ruins there game when they arrive in High School.

The 3 point line for high school isn't the problem. The problem is at the lower levels of development. I hate to sit and watch an elementary game, or for that matter a middle school game, where kids are launching 3 pointers. I say if you do anything, you eliminate the 3 point shot from these levels and start teaching kids fundamentals again, like a mid-range jumper.

:thumb: I coach grade school kids...and you can see it at try-outs....their shooting form is horrible....all hip shots...because they need the extra Umph to shoot from that distance.....It takes half the season to break this habit.

:thumb: I coach grade school kids...and you can see it at try-outs....their shooting form is horrible....all hip shots...because they need the extra Umph to shoot from that distance.....It takes half the season to break this habit.

 

I agree Xman. I too coached the grade school level for several years. I think that the grade school gyms should not even have the 3 point line painted on the floor.

No line before high school. Leave it where it is at the HS level. Move it back for college. The line is too close for the college game.

No line before high school. Leave it where it is at the HS level. Move it back for college. The line is too close for the college game.

 

:thumb: Good post.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.