Justin Upton Rumors

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Buster Olney's Twitter:

"D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed; ATL said to be in hard on this. They're likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt. The Diamondbacks have been reviewing the Braves' offer for Upton; some folks involved feel like it's a strong offer."

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

What ATL lineup could look like with JUpton, if deal done: 3B Prado RF Heyward LF JUpton 1B Freeman CF BJ Upton C McCann 2B Uggla SS Simmons

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN

BJ Upton ‏@BJUPTON2

Wow these @JUS10UP10 rumors have me excited. Please don't tease me like this... Would be a dream come true if it happens

https://twitter.com/BJUPTON2

Rumors that Atlanta and Arizona are in discussions right now about Upton.

I'd be curious to know who the Braves offered (as I'm a Braves fan). Most likely it will involve on of their younger pitching talents like Delgado or Teheran.

Edited by Show Stopper

I'd be curious to know who the Braves offered (as I'm a Braves fan). Most likely it will involve on of their younger pitching talents like Delgado or Teheran. If we get rid of Hanson that would be awesome and kill two birds with one stone.

Are you talking about Tommy Hanson?

They want plenty I'm sure. They were in discussions with the Cubs wanted Castro. I doubt the D-backs are willing to take prospects for him..

If thats the case, they are going to go for our young pitching prospects. Earlier during the offseason they wanted our SS Simmons but we didn't want to give him up. Well the DBacks traded for someone else so that is a less of a need. However, they are in desperate need of some good arms.

Looking for them to be trying to raid our pitching prospects, thats for sure...

Could include Gattis and Ahmed. Word is Diamondbacks want JR Graham as well.

Someone sounds a bit greedy :lol:. Eh, we have to give up some big guys to get Upton. The only issue with going through with this deal is that we will have to take on Justin's contract but we are also going through Arbitration with several of our younger players (several players agreed to this recently). We are going to have to give these guys some contract extensions and more money if we want them to stick around. Freeman is a must at this point. Heyward, Kimbrel, and Medlen are also important. We might have to cut ties with McCann if he has another bad year this year as that would free up some money. He struggled so much last year because of the cyst in his shoulder so hopefully the surgery helped him out in that regard.

Still we will have to see what happens but for at least one year we will have all these guys on the team at once and can make a serious run at a title. The Braves are one of the youngest teams in the league so this team is definitely on the up and up.