Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sacred Heart Academy 64 Highlands 54

Featured Replies

HHS traveled to Louisville tonight to take on Top Ten Sacred Heart. They were greeted by a SH team that absolutely put on a clinic in the first half. The lady birds found theirselves down 19-2 after the first qtr and 31-12 at half.

 

However, the Ladybirds pecked (ha ha) their way back into the game with an 18-2 run in the third qtr that got them within 3, but they could never get over the hump.

 

HHS was led by Brianna Adler with 11, Haley Coffey with 10 and Leah Schaeffer with 9pts and 10 rebounds.

 

SH was led by #25 with 23pts and 16 rebounds. That girl is outstanding and deserves for me to look her name up, but its late and it's been a long night. I'm sure they know who you are!

How does Leah only have 9? Is she looking for her shot? Is she deferring?

  • Author
How does Leah only have 9? Is she looking for her shot? Is she deferring?

 

We all know she is an outstanding player...but her shots just aren't following for her right now. Seems to be short on a lot of her shots, which usually indicates legs. So maybe her game legs just aren't there yet. One thing I do know is that she will be fine and she does so many other things that help make up for others mistakes. SH was very quick and play a very fast paced game that kinda gets you on roller skates until you can slow them down.

SH was led by #25 with 23pts and 16 rebounds. That girl is outstanding and deserves for me to look her name up, but its late and it's been a long night. I'm sure they know who you are!

 

#25 is junior standout DaiJia Ruffin.

  • Author
#25 is junior standout DaiJia Ruffin.

 

Thank you! She is a stud! She's only a junior??

Does this Highlands team have an identity yet? SH had an identity, Conner has an identity, ND has an identity, does Highlands.

This sounds like a criticism to me??

Not a criticism, just a question?

I watched the Dixie game and they looked fantastic, have they played like that every game? Same style?

I just looked at their schedule. I would think they might not look as good against their last two opponents as they did Dixie. I agree with Way2serious, you seem to be criticizing. Also, what would SH (is that Sacred Heart ) Conner and ND identity be?

Sorry if it seemed like a criticism, not my intention.

Does this Highlands team have an identity yet? SH had an identity, Conner has an identity, ND has an identity, does Highlands.

 

Yes. They're the Lady Bluebirds. :clap:

Missed this game. What happended to the Birds in the 1st half. Perhaps they had a little Jet Lag from the long trip to Louisville.

20+ turnovers in the first half alone? Not going to beat many top programs doing this but hey its still early in the season, I guess...

Missed this game. What happended to the Birds in the 1st half. Perhaps they had a little Jet Lag from the long trip to Louisville.

20+ turnovers in the first half alone? Not going to beat many top programs doing this but hey its still early in the season, I guess...

 

Just like a cake always making excuses. Haha how you been

  • Author
Missed this game. What happended to the Birds in the 1st half. Perhaps they had a little Jet Lag from the long trip to Louisville.

20+ turnovers in the first half alone? Not going to beat many top programs doing this but hey its still early in the season, I guess...

 

I think it was a combination of them being ready to play and we weren't. They really wanted to get us back for our victory last year. There's a nice article in the courier journal and their good player mentioned the fact that they wanted to even the score from last year. HHS outscored them in the second half, but could never get over the hump.

 

I don't like to talk about the refs, but they did let them play. I'm not sure if it's the style they allow down state (which i'm pretty sure it is from my AAU experience), but our kids weren't ready to play that physical. Not anyone's fault but our own, but I do think that was part of the "shock factor" that we had in the first quarter.

 

I don't look at the comment as criticism. It does feel like HHS has played different styles in each game. It does feel like they have tried to play to what their competition does, rather than play the game they are comfortable with. I'm not criticizing either. I have all the faith in the program and there is a huge difference playing Dixie vs their last two opponents. I do think they are still finding themselves. They start two freshman at guards and a couple other sophomores see significant playing time. It really may take some time to find what kind of team they want to be. They have the potential to really pressure you and get up and down the court, but they have to get stronger, rebound and play much better team defense before they are going to be consistently competitive with the better teams. I will say that I have been impressed with the last two teams they have played. Each of those teams have found out what they do well and the do it well!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.