Why is Cueto considered a fringe Cy Young candidate?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Votto's road numbers sucked you could make a case for that but they didn't and that is one of the reasons he won.

Then shouldn't Dickey's 10-3 road record and 2.81 road ERA earn him the same consideration? Since he has been outstanding both at home and on the road shouldn't we be going by overall numbers?

Then shouldn't Dickey's 10-3 road record and 2.81 road ERA earn him the same consideration? Since he has been outstanding both at home and on the road shouldn't we be going by overall numbers?

For sure it should that is why you look at ERA+, so everyone is on a level playing field.

For sure it should that is why you look at ERA+' date=' so everyone is on a level playing field.[/quote']

And how many times do you think that something like ERA+ has ever been used to determine an award winner? Cueto had a great season, but he should finish second or third in Cy Young voting. He is behind Dickey in every meaningful category.

And how many times do you think that something like ERA+ has ever been used to determine an award winner? Cueto had a great season, but he should finish second or third in Cy Young voting. He is behind Dickey in every meaningful category.

I'm not arguing for Cueto at all. Not sure if they look at it or not but the fact that Hernandez won last year leads me to believe they look a bit deeper into things than people like to think. I'd probably make a case for Kershaw if I was going to pick someone other than Dickey.

I'm not arguing for Cueto at all. Not sure if they look at it or not but the fact that Hernandez won last year leads me to believe they look a bit deeper into things than people like to think. I'd probably make a case for Kershaw if I was going to pick someone other than Dickey.

Hernandez won it in 2010 but I get what you're saying.