Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paintsville 83 Knott Central 77

Featured Replies

Looks like the Tigers showed up tonight. Anyone have any stats on this one? Good win Tigers! :thumb:

Looks like the Tigers showed up tonight. Anyone have any stats on this one? Good win Tigers! :thumb:

 

 

They showed up for about two quarters. They were up about 20 and let Knott County back into the game. They need to learn to put people away when they can. Hopefully they will play great the whole game against Hazard!!

Knott Central started out strong this season and have tapered off. I know what problems they are having, but can't disclose them for fear of backlash from the "powers that be".

 

Neil is a great coach and should have full control of HIS team. But, sadly I am making the prediction that he'll be out at the end of the school year or start of the next. It's just typical Knott politics. :irked:

Knott plays any the first half the could have came out with the W. Knott made this a ball game down by 4 under 30 seconds Knott just ran out of time. I believe Knott will keep playing hard and get everything sorted out before long.

I am curious, is the Slone kid the son of former Carlisle CO. coach back in the early 80's Craynor Slone? They had a great team back then with David Henley, current coach at Holmes. Paintsville seems to have some excellent young players.

They showed up for about two quarters. They were up about 20 and let Knott County back into the game. They need to learn to put people away when they can. Hopefully they will play great the whole game against Hazard!!

 

I've been saying this the whole season!!! I hope you are right. The Tigers have to learn to keep the lead and build on it. They have won several games this year AFTER blowing big leads. BUT being up I think 8 against Harlan in the 4th is an example of where it came back to haunt them! Result, playing for 5th instead of possibly playing for the championship!

Knott Central started out strong this season and have tapered off. I know what problems they are having, but can't disclose them for fear of backlash from the "powers that be".

 

Neil is a great coach and should have full control of HIS team. But, sadly I am making the prediction that he'll be out at the end of the school year or start of the next. It's just typical Knott politics. :irked:

Pat Dad, you are absoultely correct! Everyone knows what they are trying to pull there, its obvious as a runnaway mack truck. You can count on a change at the end of the season, and a return of someone. This has been in the works for awhile. Again, people there are going to have to take a stand against the machine, and you know who I am talking about!

Knott was playing without 3 players that they really depend on. Scott Mosley,Adam Dials,Matt Amburgey, this meant everything for the well being for Knott. Dials sadly will not return for Knott, Mosley has had very bad ankle problems,Amburgey is recovering from his injury and looks like he will get back but only time will tell with him. All i have to say is Neil Feltner is a great guy and a great coach and he'll be ready by district tourney time, with or without these athletes. But i wish him and these athletes Luck!

What happened to Dials? Someone made him come back out for the handshake after the loss to Phelps.

Pat Dad, you are absoultely correct! Everyone knows what they are trying to pull there, its obvious as a runnaway mack truck. You can count on a change at the end of the season, and a return of someone. This has been in the works for awhile. Again, people there are going to have to take a stand against the machine, and you know who I am talking about!

 

You can't get anyone, at least the parents, to do anything. Talked to a parent last week and said that there are problems, but what can you do? I told them what needs to be done and how to do it. Still, they just didn't seem to care. It's been going on for so long that most deal with it until their kid/s are gone or quit. I've seen quite a few athletes to either sit on the bench or quit that deserve to play. I hope that parents will wake up and get together and do something. Until they do, it's just going to be the same ol' thing year after year.

What happened to Dials? Someone made him come back out for the handshake after the loss to Phelps.

This situation is being taken care of as we speak, will he be back before the season is over, who knows, but this situation is not over. This kid walked away because he was upset and came back and shook hands, so he really did nothing wrong IMO. The Phelps players were celebrating in the middle of the court and a handshake would not have been missed anyway.

You can't get anyone, at least the parents, to do anything. Talked to a parent last week and said that there are problems, but what can you do? I told them what needs to be done and how to do it. Still, they just didn't seem to care. It's been going on for so long that most deal with it until their kid/s are gone or quit. I've seen quite a few athletes to either sit on the bench or quit that deserve to play. I hope that parents will wake up and get together and do something. Until they do, it's just going to be the same ol' thing year after year.

I am moving out of the county this summer and my other two kids will not go to Knott Central unless something changes in the academic realm, they are lagging at best in that area.

I am moving out of the county this summer and my other two kids will not go to Knott Central unless something changes in the academic realm, they are lagging at best in that area.

 

Do I need to say anymore?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.