Warren East/3A #10 Monroe County predictions

Warren East at Monroe County  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Warren East at Monroe County

• Warren East (2-0)
    • Monroe County (2-0)

This pair of undefeated teams are coming off convincing victories (Warren East def. Barren County 32-0 & Monroe County def. Metcalfe County 48-21). The Raiders have a solid ground attack, led by senior Khyree Boards who is averaging right at 100 yards per game thus far. Do the host Falcons have what it takes to stop Warren East? Who wins & why?

East has been unimpressive to me thus far. I was told they would be the cream of the crop in 4A district 2, but only beating South Warren by four kind of has me scratching my head.

With that said, I don't feel like this Monroe team is as good as some of the others in the last several years.

I'll take Warren East 21-14.

I have a feeling there are going to be some shocked East fans. Monroe's defense is very solid, Metcalfe scored once on varsity with long bomb pass. The other scores were on jv and freshmen. That being said. East will have a long night with the D, and they will have to stop fullback Hodges and contain qb Wilson which will have his way with them!

Monroe by 27...no shutout though!

I have a feeling there are going to be some shocked East fans. Monroe's defense is very solid, Metcalfe scored once on varsity with long bomb pass. The other scores were on jv and freshmen. That being said. East will have a long night with the D, and they will have to stop fullback Hodges and contain qb Wilson which will have his way with them!

Monroe by 27...no shutout though!

The Wilson you refer to, is that Neil's younger brother?

27? Wow! That's quite a margin.

My prediction is that if Monroe couldn't beat Franklin-Simpson by more than 12, then they're not going to beat East by 27. I don't think they'll win at all, but if they do, I'd be surprised if it was more than 7-14.

Maybe I'm a little bias to my Falcons, but I honestly feel that if Monroe opens up and throws the ball East will be in trouble. They will have no problem running the ball for their backs are solid.

Defensively.....East is in for a hard hitting game.

Maybe I'm a little bias to my Falcons, but I honestly feel that if Monroe opens up and throws the ball East will be in trouble. They will have no problem running the ball for their backs are solid.

Defensively.....East is in for a hard hitting game.

East rolls 35-6.