Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 65 Pulaski County 59

Featured Replies

Final in Overtime.

 

Any thoughts from anyone who was able to attend the game? Late in the overtime period Pulaski had a technical foul called that sealed the game for the Jumpers. Ray Norman had a big night as he finished with 26 points and Nathan Holton threw in 19 for the Briar Jumpers.

Let me guess...Was the "T" on one of the Perkins brothers?

Let me guess...Was the "T" on one of the Perkins brothers?

 

The younger one.

The younger one.

 

Same antics and bad sportsmanship that caused trouble in last year's game.

Same antics and bad sportsmanship that caused trouble in last year's game.

 

What about the way he jumped on Deaton in the first half, with no foul called. I am getting WAY tired of watching them and I bleed Maroon.

 

:fight:

  • Author
What about the way he jumped on Deaton in the first half, with no foul called. I am getting WAY tired of watching them and I bleed Maroon.

 

:fight:

 

It looked to me like he elbowed Deaton in the back of the head, and then when he realized that there was no foul called on the play, and while Deaton was laying motionless on the floor he decided to take some anger out on a former teammate and dive on him. I am also tired of watching these two play, particularly the younger one! The referees almost seemed scared to call anything on either one of the Perkins brothers. I look foward to playing them again come february!

It looked to me like he elbowed Deaton in the back of the head, and then when he realized that there was no foul called on the play, and while Deaton was laying motionless on the floor he decided to take some anger out on a former teammate and dive on him. I am also tired of watching these two play, particularly the younger one! The referees almost seemed scared to call anything on either one of the Perkins brothers. I look foward to playing them again come february!

 

While I ultimately don't believe Pulaski would've won the game, it's just a shame that one of their leaders wasn't able to be on the floor once again in the closing minutes. It's very damaging to a team's rhythm when a guard has been in the lineup the whole game, and suddenly has to sit, especially for things like this. I think the refs were hesitant to call the foul w/ Deaton because it could've been argued either way, even though we clearly saw Perkins' intentions from the Somerset side. He was going for the ball, and decided to get a little extra shot in, and that comes with the nature of the game in some players, but the refs did call the obvious intentional foul w/ Perkins and John Cole. I'm not tired of watching them play, although I'm sure Pulaski fans are, but these two bring ignorant excitement to the game, and that makes winning for us all the more sweet.

  • Author
While I ultimately don't believe Pulaski would've won the game, it's just a shame that one of their leaders wasn't able to be on the floor once again in the closing minutes. It's very damaging to a team's rhythm when a guard has been in the lineup the whole game, and suddenly has to sit, especially for things like this. I think the refs were hesitant to call the foul w/ Deaton because it could've been argued either way, even though we clearly saw Perkins' intentions from the Somerset side. He was going for the ball, and decided to get a little extra shot in, and that comes with the nature of the game in some players, but the refs did call the obvious intentional foul w/ Perkins and John Cole. I'm not tired of watching them play, although I'm sure Pulaski fans are, but these two bring ignorant excitement to the game, and that makes winning for us all the more sweet.

 

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :banana:

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :banana:

 

I expect Part II to be even better.

While I ultimately don't believe Pulaski would've won the game, it's just a shame that one of their leaders wasn't able to be on the floor once again in the closing minutes. It's very damaging to a team's rhythm when a guard has been in the lineup the whole game, and suddenly has to sit, especially for things like this. I think the refs were hesitant to call the foul w/ Deaton because it could've been argued either way, even though we clearly saw Perkins' intentions from the Somerset side. He was going for the ball, and decided to get a little extra shot in, and that comes with the nature of the game in some players, but the refs did call the obvious intentional foul w/ Perkins and John Cole. I'm not tired of watching them play, although I'm sure Pulaski fans are, but these two bring ignorant excitement to the game, and that makes winning for us all the more sweet.

I noticed that you said these two? I wasn't at the game so I don't know, but did John Perkins do something? From the games I had seen this year, he seems to have toned it down a bit.

I understand Somerset has two injured players with Wilson having an ankle injury..... Who started for Somerset?????

  • Author
I understand Somerset has two injured players with Wilson having an ankle injury..... Who started for Somerset?????

 

John Cole started at one guard

Chip Clay started at the other guard

Ray Norman and Corey Price started at the foward spots

Nathan Holton started at Center for the Jumpers

 

John is filling in for Eric Wilson, and Corey got the starting nod when Andy Cole went down with a torn ACL against Russell County earlier in the season

I noticed that you said these two? I wasn't at the game so I don't know, but did John Perkins do something? From the games I had seen this year, he seems to have toned it down a bit.

 

The bolded part is the most important part of your statement. He was pretty close to boiling over a time or two in London during the tournament there.

While I ultimately don't believe Pulaski would've won the game, it's just a shame that one of their leaders wasn't able to be on the floor once again in the closing minutes. It's very damaging to a team's rhythm when a guard has been in the lineup the whole game, and suddenly has to sit, especially for things like this. I think the refs were hesitant to call the foul w/ Deaton because it could've been argued either way, even though we clearly saw Perkins' intentions from the Somerset side. He was going for the ball, and decided to get a little extra shot in, and that comes with the nature of the game in some players, but the refs did call the obvious intentional foul w/ Perkins and John Cole. I'm not tired of watching them play, although I'm sure Pulaski fans are, but these two bring ignorant excitement to the game, and that makes winning for us all the more sweet.

 

This is quite possibly one of the best, most poignant, and funniest statements ever uttered on BGP.

 

And, as a neutral observer, they are quite entertaining, yet frustrating at the same time.

The bolded part is the most important part of your statement. He was pretty close to boiling over a time or two in London during the tournament there.

I can't remember John receiving any T's this year, and though I didn't see every game of the tourny in London, he's seemed under control this year.

 

Ty seems to be a different story, however...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.