Covington Catholic 3 Ballard 1

Clyde

I said it after the first game of the year. This CCH team has the most pitching depth I've seen in a long time.

Keep in mind that the two Juniors that were the aces of JV last year, haven't thrown pitch one for Varsity yet.......so you have that as back up also.....a lefty that has already thrown a no hitter in a JV game and a righty that has also had good showings in JV ....just to keep them sharp.

So they are actually deeper than they have shown so far.

Keep in mind that the two Juniors that were the aces of JV last year, haven't thrown pitch one for Varsity yet.......so you have that as back up also.....a lefty that has already thrown a no hitter in a JV game and a righty that has also had good showings in JV ....just to keep them sharp.

So they are actually deeper than they have shown so far.

I know baseball is the toughest of all sports to predict, but with all the success CCH has had this year and as deep as you all say they are, could 2012 bring a second baseball state championship to Park Hills??

I know baseball is the toughest of all sports to predict, but with all the success CCH has had this year and as deep as you all say they are, could 2012 bring a second baseball state championship to Park Hills??

I would say 100% yes if the playoffs were a 5 game sereies. Since they are not, In 1 game anything can happen in baseball. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I would say this is the best team Northern Kentucky has had since the 2009 Covcath team of Maile, Isler, Darner, and Nutini. They have the talent, especially pitching, to bring a championship to NKY.

I'm a huge CovCath fan, but my concern is that while their pitching is a deep as any HS team I have seen, they don't have that 1 outstanding sure fire ace. They have several very good and capable pitchers, but I don't know if they have the one guy that game in game out dominates. They have had several dominate games, but no one I would call a dominate pitcher.

This may up being blessing in disguise, because they may be able to pitch by committee and really keep teams off balance. However, it's nice to know you can go to one guy and know if you put up 3 runs you will more than likely win the game.

Having said that they are still the favorite, but as others have said you only need one game in High School, many things can happen.