Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lee Co 74 Wolfe Co 54

Featured Replies

ronnie thepopular what games have you seen that gilbert padded his stats against the younger players, It might've appened but it sure hasnt happened against any team in the region, and his best games have come in close ones where each teams best palyers were on the court til the end, i havent seen him pad the stats

and ARC made a good point fetters did block a few of gilberts shots I think 2 or 3 but he couldnt contain him as was evident when gilbert scored at will against him in the first quarter, I think Gilbert is content to let his teammates have their try because e knows to have a chance in march he is going to need their help

gilbert didnt score 10 from the freethrow line in the last few minutes he missed 4 in a row and only had 8 from te line in the whole game

ronnie thepopular what games have you seen that gilbert padded his stats against the younger players, It might've appened but it sure hasnt happened against any team in the region, and his best games have come in close ones where each teams best palyers were on the court til the end, i havent seen him pad the stats

and ARC made a good point fetters did block a few of gilberts shots I think 2 or 3 but he couldnt contain him as was evident when gilbert scored at will against him in the first quarter, I think Gilbert is content to let his teammates have their try because e knows to have a chance in march he is going to need their help

 

I didn't see him give it up to his teammates too often....I did see him take over 3/4 of Wolfe's shots......

he mightve taken alot of shots but he also lead the team in assists with six

gilbert should take alot of shots, wolfe has noone else to score, it was probably a little less than half his team shots (if you are referring to the lee county game)

it seems that noone it the region likes Gilbert, is it jealousy or what, Neely is in the same situation at owsley as gilbert is in at wolfe but none is ever bashing him for taking to many shots (he doesnt deserve it, all he is doing is trying to win)

i was asking how he padded his stats at the end of the games when he is the most double teamed man in the region and anbody who wants to argue that just needs to talk to any 14th region coach they would tell you why should my team double or triple him because when he passes it to his teammates they dont seem to know what to do with it they have had tons of turnovers in teir games, maybe gilbert shots it because he is the only one who can get the ball down the court sometimes

and if you are wondering yes I am a wolfe fan and yes it is hard going trough this dismal season but i just dont like gilbert being made out as sch a horrible ball hog

i was asking how he padded his stats at the end of the games when he is the most double teamed man in the region and anbody who wants to argue that just needs to talk to any 14th region coach

I would argue that Rich from Lee draws more doubel and triple teaming (Johnson Central) than gilbert. I dont think he is a bad guy. The best player in the region as far as I'm concerned. He has tons of potential and is a great player.

 

Dixon, from Estill, also draws a lot of double teaming, although I'm not sure as much as the above players.

 

I wish Cody Gilbert success in the future at college and in whatever he does, because, frankly, he is just a teenager and I am a grown man, and I would never want to be putting down a kid, or making him out to be a monster. If I did this in my post, I apologize for offending you or anyone else.

my point is why wouldnt gilbert shoot the ball, his team had a chance to step up agaisnt KCC when he only took 8 shoots but no what happened his team got beat by 40 , so from a fans point of view (who has been to every game) why would Gilbert want to shhot the ball also everyone likes to act like all he does is shoot, they just ignore his 14 boards a game and his 5 assists per, sounds like he is doing his part all over the floor not just on the offensive end

thank you ronniethepopular and i am sure that cody will apperciate the compliments too and your point about rich drawing double teams is very valid but the difference is that rich has help on his team and if you double him too much someone is there to make you pay, Brandenburg or a twin, a main reason that lee is hot right now, but with wolfe co. gilbert is struggling to find help someteams just run two and three players all night i havet seen estill play but from what i have heard dixon is a good player

you are right I am a grown man too and I dont want to ever put a kid down I just try to get on here and defend gilbert because I hate to see such a god kid from my comunity getting so much negative press

  • Author
I just try to get on here and defend gilbert because I hate to see such a god kid from my comunity getting so much negative press

 

In reading the Lexington newspaper, Cody is highlighted in lots of games, even when Wolfe Co loses by a bunch. I think that he is getting a lot of positive press.

 

fetters did block a few of gilberts shots I think 2 or 3 but he couldnt contain him as was evident when gilbert scored at will against him in the first quarter,

 

Fetters did a good job on Gilbert, especially in giving up 3 or 4 inches and probably 75 or 80 pounds. It seemed that the constant pressure wore Cody down, but he did hit some pretty incredible shots in the first quarter.

 

Speaking of defense, I didn't think that Cody contained Tyler Rich at all when he was defending the post.

 

Heck, Cody is an all-around good player and I don't mean to knock him in any way. I am surprised that the team doesn't play better. Something just seems out of sync.

gilbert didnt gaurd rich, wolfe tried to let their "big men" gaurd him and you are right wolfe didnt contain hin he did have a good game

  • Author

I'm pretty sure that Cody picked up a couple of fouls when he 'wasn't' guarding Rich. I don't think that Cody can contain Rich, whether he is supposed to be guarding him or not.

Lets be real, Cody Gilbert is one of the best players in the mountains and his physical talents are tremendous. But I am suprised by the lack of offensive support on this years Wolfe team. Both Bush and the kid playing center (i believe it is Wilson)looked good last year. I think Cody is easy to frustrate as I have seen him lose his composure many times over his career. If can overcome that issue he is my pick for player of the year in the 14 th.

I'm pretty sure that Cody picked up a couple of fouls when he 'wasn't' guarding Rich. I don't think that Cody can contain Rich, whether he is supposed to be guarding him or not.

On the other hand, ARC, how well do you think Rich would do guarding Gilbert. Apples and Oranges i think as far as players go there.

  • Author
On the other hand, ARC, how well do you think Rich would do guarding Gilbert. Apples and Oranges i think as far as players go there.

 

I guess that the real point that I am making is that if Cody doesn't guard the center, then who does? He seems the only one big enough to do it, but I still don't think that he could.

 

As far as containing Cody, I don't think that the Lee Co game was one of his showcases.

 

Don't get me wrong, Cody is a great player and can be fun to watch. The Wolfe Co team seems overall to be out of sync. Most folks thought they would be quite a bit better than they appear to be.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.