Brossart 10 Scott 6

Mustang

Brossart improves to 13-2 with a 10-6 win over Scott in a key 37th District battle on Tuesday night under the lights in Taylor Mill.

Brossart led 2-1 moving in to the Scott fourth inning, when Mustang starter Zach Fardo encountered control problems walking five Scott hitters which would result in four runs, while only retiring one. Sophomore Nate Verst came on in relief at that juncture and closed out the game, allowing only a sixth inning unearned run.

Meanwhile the Mustangs retaliated with an 8 run fifth inning which propelled them to the 10-6 win, giving sophomore Nate Verst his sixth win of the season against no losses, nor if my record keeping is accurate, has he allowed an earned run. I believe Scott's Kyle Kramer took the loss.

The win was signifigant in that it was a district seeding game, with Scott already in possession of a win over Campbell County. Brossart will now take on Campbell County at home on Thursday, April 26th with the opportunity of earning the district top seed with a win over the Camels.

Hitting leaders for the Mustangs were Zach Fardo with a pair of doubles, Trevor Bezold with 3 hits and 4 rbis, Ted MacDonald had three hits on the night including 2 rbis. Corey Kramer had an rbi single and scored, while Jared Hahn plated two teammates with a fifth inning single.

The Mustangs will play Dixie Heights on Wednesday night in Crestview Hills at 7:15pm.

I was at this game and was hoping to see good baseball but that was not happening tonight to many Es and not enough hitting scott had chances but for some reason wouldn't play small ball and move runners and wouldn't put runners on when they needed to hopefully that's the first year jitters from the coaching staff and not the way they play in taylor mill. Take nothing away from brossart they have some hitters but wouldn't be suprised if only 4a of the 10 runs was earned.

I was at this game and was hoping to see good baseball but that was not happening tonight to many Es and not enough hitting scott had chances but for some reason wouldn't play small ball and move runners and wouldn't put runners on when they needed to hopefully that's the first year jitters from the coaching staff and not the way they play in taylor mill. Take nothing away from brossart they have some hitters but wouldn't be suprised if only 4a of the 10 runs was earned.

Jitters?? Scott has played plenty of small ball this year, but the reality is they are a young team, and just don't hit that well, and can't afford to constantly give away outs. I'd say this team has overachieved this year and has had chances to win against clearly better teams (Harrison, Ryle, Brossart, and Holy cross). This team will continue to improve, and will be a tough out. The way they are playing ball in Taylor Mill is just fine.

Meanwhile the Mustangs retaliated with an 8 run fifth inning which propelled them to the 10-6 win, giving sophomore Nate Verst his sixth win of the season against no losses, nor if my record keeping is accurate, has he allowed an earned run. I believe Scott's Kyle Kramer took the loss.

To set the record straight, it turns out my record keeping is not accurate. Nate has allowed 2 earned runs in 23 2/3 innings of work, for a 0.59 ERA

Jitters or stupidity when you don't hit well you have to produce runs and last night they had chances and did not score, I agree you don't want to give away outs but you have to score runs to win. If you want chances to win play the lottery, if you want to beat Ryle,HC,Brossart, you play small ball and score runs that's the way the game is played.

Jitters or stupidity when you don't hit well you have to produce runs and last night they had chances and did not score, I agree you don't want to give away outs but you have to score runs to win. If you want chances to win play the lottery, if you want to beat Ryle,HC,Brossart, you play small ball and score runs that's the way the game is played.

They did score 6 runs. It wasn't the offense that let them down. You score 6, you should win. I've been to most of the games, and don't see where strategy (or lack thereof) has hurt Scott. They hit and run, bunt, and steal bases multiple times every game. It has been one play here and there, or NOT getting the clutch hit...getting runners into scoring position hasn't been the problem. Not getting a clutch hit or making a big play is a function of their youth and lack of senior leadership, not coaching. Be patient...this team will be hanging around at the end of the year, and may just surprise a team or two. And next year, this team will be very, very good.

Does Scott having anyone at the JV level that can help their offense out? Is there anyone that can give them a boost at the lower levels we can watch out for? I did hear they have been short handed this week. Missing a couple key guys.

Don't know what game you was watching but they did not hit, they only had one hit the hole game and that was a pinch hit late in the game. The senior leadership is over rated in baseball these kids that play select ball they are not looking for leaders they play all over the country and see some great competition and I know there is a few on the scott team that play select ball so im sure they do thing in the summer a little different then what went on in this game. If this team want to be hanging around at the end they better do the small things and the simple things like see the ball hit the ball and catch the ball throw the ball, way to many mistakes on the field and from the coachs box they will buying a ticket and hanging with me watching.

Don't know what game you was watching but they did not hit, they only had one hit the hole game and that was a pinch hit late in the game. The senior leadership is over rated in baseball these kids that play select ball they are not looking for leaders they play all over the country and see some great competition and I know there is a few on the scott team that play select ball so im sure they do thing in the summer a little different then what went on in this game. If this team want to be hanging around at the end they better do the small things and the simple things like see the ball hit the ball and catch the ball throw the ball, way to many mistakes on the field and from the coachs box they will buying a ticket and hanging with me watching.

Coaches don't swing the bats or make plays. They also faced one of the better pitchers in the region. Bottom line they still scored six runs and were at least putting the ball in play. I will concede senior leadership can be overrated.... What I should have said is most of this team is made up of kids starting for the first time regularly at the varsity level, so they are inexperienced and young. I'm not sure why your grinding so hard on the coaching...overall I think they've done a pretty good job and been very competitive with a team that didn't have high expectations to begin with. Have there been mistakes?? Sure...every staff makes mistakes. But I don't think anyone had this team pegged to be as good as they are.