Grant County 7 Harrison County 4

Not sure if he is the ace or not, but Harrison swung and made contact with the 1st pitch 13 times and only 3 were hits. Unusual thing happened in the game. Jordan Martin led off the bottom of the 6th for Harrison County with a HR. Then Jordan Martin led off the top of the 7th for Grant County with a HR. The Grant County kid is the younger brother of Brandon Martin who pitched for Harrison County a few years ago. The Harrison County kid is the younger brother of Jarod Martin who played for the Thorobreds last year. Harrison is really struggling defensively.

Not sure if he is the ace or not, but Harrison swung and made contact with the 1st pitch 13 times and only 3 were hits. Unusual thing happened in the game. Jordan Martin led off the bottom of the 6th for Harrison County with a HR. Then Jordan Martin led off the top of the 7th for Grant County with a HR. The Grant County kid is the younger brother of Brandon Martin who pitched for Harrison County a few years ago. The Harrison County kid is the younger brother of Jarod Martin who played for the Thorobreds last year. Harrison is really struggling defensively.

That's what I saw when they played Scott. Defensively, HC is going to struggle. Infielders back on their heels, fielding balls very close to their body. Tight games where teams put balls in play against their very good pitching, HC may struggle.

It is the second week of games. These kids haven't had any practice time, they will be fine.

Neither has the teams that they've played;). Harrison will be fine....they hit the ball well and from what I've seen and heard, they've got great pitching. Defense can and will improve, but the issues I saw defensively are fundamental.....letting balls get too close to the body, not setting the feet and getting a good throw, fielding back on the heels. The problem is once the season really gets rolling, there is very little practice time as teams are playing 3-4 games a week.