Crad Jaggers resigns at North Hardin

Resignation was official last week.

Resigned after four seasons and won 12 games in the last two years. Program appeared to be headed on a pretty good upswing under Jaggers, too.

Brent Thompson has been named interim head coach. He's a good guy -- I'd love to see them remove the interim tag and let him have a shot.

Nothing going at North.....Dark Horse was spot on with the reasonings. For some reason we live in a society where a man can't just make a very rational, educated, thought ought decision for what the think will be in the best interest of 1) his family and 2 ) his football family without hearsay of crap......Heaven forbid a man resign over the reasons given in the paper. No, No....must find something to stir things up for no reason at all.

That wasn't necessarily to you Johhny as it was towards all of those thinking that their must be more to the story than just what Crad said.

Nothing going at North.....Dark Horse was spot on with the reasonings. For some reason we live in a society where a man can't just make a very rational, educated, thought ought decision for what the think will be in the best interest of 1) his family and 2 ) his football family without hearsay of crap......Heaven forbid a man resign over the reasons given in the paper. No, No....must find something to stir things up for no reason at all.

That wasn't necessarily to you Johhny as it was towards all of those thinking that their must be more to the story than just what Crad said.

To be fair, it is incredibly frequent that "I want to spend more time with my family" is the official excuse when off the record it is something entirely different, such as the coach being forced out or some other behind-the-scenes reason that nobody wants to admit publicly. I've seen more than a few cases of "I want to spend more time with my family" turning into the coach showing up somewhere else next season, whether as an assistant or head coach.

I can't say that specifically about Coach Jaggers. As far as I know, his stated reasons are 100 percent true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Just saying that it's not uncommon for the reasons cited publicly to be entirely different from reality, and therefore it's a fair question.

To be fair, it is incredibly frequent that "I want to spend more time with my family" is the official excuse when off the record it is something entirely different, such as the coach being forced out or some other behind-the-scenes reason that nobody wants to admit publicly. I've seen more than a few cases of "I want to spend more time with my family" turning into the coach showing up somewhere else next season, whether as an assistant or head coach.

I can't say that specifically about Coach Jaggers. As far as I know, his stated reasons are 100 percent true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Just saying that it's not uncommon for the reasons cited publicly to be entirely different from reality, and therefore it's a fair question.

I've seen quite a few coaches where "to spend more time with family", are just exactly what's said, as well. I guess it depeneds on which cases you know and which ones you tend to pay attention to.

Cases where the coach resigns, only to pop up somewhere else within a year or so are stories in the paper, thus people know about them. Cases where the coach resigns and stays out of it for a couple years or forever don't make the headlines except for when they resign.

North Hardin will always be second in Hardin Co. John Hardin runs that place.

It hasnt ALWAYS been that way. John's a very good team, but North is no slouch. You are right in the stance that John is king of the county until North or Central do something to dethrone them.

With that said, Crad is one of my closest friends...he's out for the reasons stated, it really is that simple.

• 3 weeks later...
Has North Hardin hired anyone yet?

Hired Brent Thompson. Brent was on staff at North last year, but before that he whas at Pelham, Alabama from 2005-2010. Pelham is a top 20 program in Alabama. Before he want to Pelham, Brent was an assistant at E-town under Brett Burnette (whom he followed to Pelham). He was part of the staff in E-town's2003 Class AA Runner Up team that Belfry beat 28-27 in OT.

Brent is a first class individual all away around.

Hired Brent Thompson. Brent was on staff at North last year, but before that he whas at Pelham, Alabama from 2005-2010. Pelham is a top 20 program in Alabama. Before he want to Pelham, Brent was an assistant at E-town under Brett Burnette (whom he followed to Pelham). He was part of the staff in E-town's2003 Class AA Runner Up team that Belfry beat 28-27 in OT.

Brent is a first class individual all away around.

Thanks.