March 19, 201214 yr Apparently many people disagree. Since Nelson was rated as one of the best safety's available, and how the Jets were wanting him. When safety plays a huge role in how that Jets defense does. We have seen how that defense has changed when they have had injuries to their starting safeties. While he is not a great player, he is a solid player to sign back and better than what we probably would have gotten to replace him. I think he will do even better if he someone even better next to him at safety. If the Bengals plan on him being a backup I'm good with it.
March 19, 201214 yr Bengals had qute a few issues on the defensive side of the ball last season. Reggie Nelson was without question not one of them. Very good job bringing him back.
March 19, 201214 yr If the Bengals plan on him being a backup I'm good with it. They did not sign him back to be a backup, just like Jets were not planning on making him a backup either. Since it has been said the Jets offered him basically the same amount the Bengals did. I watched every game last year, and was at 6 of the home games. The safety that got beat the most was not Nelson it was Crocker. Nelson made some really good players last year, does well when he blitzes and was one of the few guys who had an act at finding the ball in the secondary last year. Give him a better safety next to him, and I think it helps make him even better.
March 19, 201214 yr Bengals had qute a few issues on the defensive side of the ball last season. Reggie Nelson was without question not one of them. Very good job bringing him back. I agree! If they let him go, then most likely they replace him with someone not as good. Which means we will have someone not as good as Nelson next to Crocker next year. I hope the Bengals realize Crocker and give one of the young guys a chance. Either Sands, or Mays or someone they draft.
March 19, 201214 yr I agree! If they let him go, then most likely they replace him with someone not as good. Which means we will have someone not as good as Nelson next to Crocker next year. I hope the Bengals realize Crocker and give one of the young guys a chance. Either Sands, or Mays or someone they draft. They just need to cut him. He sucks.
March 20, 201214 yr Nelson is definitely not an All Pro but he's the best safety on the roster. The Bengals still need to draft a safety, but Nelson is a decent signing. He was rated as one of the better safeties available, for what it's worth.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.