ICN 6 is gone, apparently is tv coverage of high school sports

Oh, you can watch the game per the KHSAA I-High site for free but the ads they run after each basket made makes it almost impossible to watch the game.

After watching two games on the first day of the tourney, I didn't watch anymore not because of the quality of the games or not having a local team in the mix but just the gosh awful broadcast. BTW I do indeed understand it's free but come on running a ad after each basketball is made is a bit much!

I agree. Don Weber did so much for NKY sports, it is being missed severely now. No matter how minute the event Don and NKY sports made it seem like it was the super bowl. The KHSAA is after money, that is why local sports coverage is the way it is.

I agree. Don Weber did so much for NKY sports, it is being missed severely now. No matter how minute the event Don and NKY sports made it seem like it was the super bowl. The KHSAA is after money, that is why local sports coverage is the way it is.[/quote]

While I generally agree with the bolded, and will be the first to point out when the KHSAA mess up, I don't think the television thing is on them.

Had Insight wanted to televise the game, as they did in the past, I'm sure arrangements could have been made. I'm guessing this an Insight issue.

I remember a couple of times fairly recently that the Ninth Region finals were also carried live on the old ICN 6. The Ninth Region schools voted to ban live TV coverage though, and that ended that.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is a KHSAA issue. If it is, I'm sure someone will tell me. Until then, I'm going to blame Insight because it gives me one more reason to hate them. :lol:

Time Warner issue not insight's anymore.

I know "TW" is taking over "InS" but when is this officially going to happen, at least in NKy?

My reasoning is that if we were on the "TW" system at the moment, I could watch on the Internet all of the ESPN channels but at the present time, I can only watch ESPN3 which "InS" offers to me!

If the size of the audience doesn't warrent the expense then who do you really have to blame on any of this?

With the amount of money Insight charges me, I'll go ahead and blame them. Not like it would cost them much, just production costs. They already own the biggest expense, air time.

Time Warner issue not insight's anymore.

If you want to pick nits, my mail still says insight. Last time I called them, they asnwered, "insight". And, I still see insight vans around town, haven't seen a time warner van yet.