Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Right Call or Not?

Featured Replies

^ :lol: Those church league are intense. I hope you got grounded for that.

 

:lol:

From what I've found both feet need to be in play. It's hard to tell since I don't have slo motion but it appears that it's simultaneous.

Basically correct.

 

It's a myth that two feet have to be touching. No such rule in the book. It just says you have to be inbounds. So in order to be inbounds coming from out of bounds two things must happen: 1. touch inbounds (any part of the body) and 2. NOT be touching out of bounds.

 

If you are jumping inbounds but haven't touched inbounds yet and touch the ball you're out of bounds.

 

Impress your friends at the next Polar Bear game with that one.

 

If the player only has to have one foot in then the Norfolk State player did not commit a violation.

^ :lol: Those church league are intense. I hope you got grounded for that.

 

I played in a YMCA church league many many moons ago. Very competitive league. I once was tossed from a game after 7, yes 7 technicals because I took a few verbal shots at the ref.......who by the way was none other than............Dean Fookes!

I played in a YMCA church league many many moons ago. Very competitive league. I once was tossed from a game after 7, yes 7 technicals because I took a few verbal shots at the ref.......who by the way was none other than............Dean Fookes!

 

 

The reason Deano called so many, he just kept "T-ing" me up after each and every word..........a little excessive but obviously I got to him that day. Oh, we had a pretty good team and won the game anyway.

  • Author
What about at half court? This happened to me in a church league game, where the stakes are much higher than an NCAA game. :lol:

 

One of our players brings it across half-court & is immediately trapped. I'm lazily jogging up the floor and he throws it in my direction. I catch it before either foot has touched onto our half of the court. I'm in the air, but have not had a foot touch. Ref calls it over-and-back, which I believe is right. But my question is: Does it take one foot or two feet in that scenario to be established?

 

 

Same principle. Until you touch in the frontcourt and are not touching the backcourt you're in the backcourt.

  • Author
Both feet.

 

Just one touching and nothing touching the BC.

  • Author
If the player only has to have one foot in then the Norfolk State player did not commit a violation.

 

...which is they the whistle wasn't blown.

 

Actually you can argue both are touching when he touches the ball but that's irrelevant.

Just one touching and nothing touching the BC.

 

I stand corrected. I was questioning myself why the rules would be different & couldn't come up with anything.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.