Everything posted by Milo
-
Northern Kentucky Regional Freshman Tournament
Thank you. I am on NKY Soccer facebook page but never saw it posted. Figured this was the next best thing! 😀
-
Northern Kentucky Regional Freshman Tournament
Nice regional win for the Cougars. Is there a regional JV tournament too? If so, do you know where to find a bracket?
-
St. Xavier 2 Butler 0 (1st Round State Tournament)
Give me St. X!
-
Covington Catholic 3 West Jessamine 2 (4-3PKs) (1st Round State Tournament)
I'll go with the Colonels. From my understanding West Jessamine's facilities are under construction but couldn't play last night due to a conflict.
-
9th Region Tournament
Congrats to the Cougars for making it to the regional finals since 2008. That senior led team has a lot to be proud of. The Blue Colonels seem to always be prepared for regional play. Hope the 9th region represents in the state well! Thanks kyag and Frank for the commentary these past few years. You guys do a great job!
-
9th Region Tournament
Just heard Conner beat Dixie 2-1?
-
16th Region Tournament 2025
Any updates to these games tonight?
-
9th Region Tournament
Any updates on the games? I listened to the Cov Cath / St. Henry on mixrl tonight. They won 1-0.
-
9th Region Week 8 Recap
Another high school season gone by too fast! Good luck to the teams in playoffs and will be interesting to see who comes out on top out of the 9th.
-
9th Region Week 7 Recap
Looks like the 9th region could be anyone's depending on how well a team plays that day. Looking forward to post season play. I'm assuming last week of regular season is upon this senior class! Hope the seniors enjoy their last week of high school soccer! It goes by so fast!
-
2025 JV NKY Regional Tournament
It is my understanding that JV Regionals for tomorrow are moved to Dixie with the finals taking place at 4:30pm due to homecoming for a few schools.
-
2025 JV NKY Regional Tournament
I hear it's the 4 C's playing in the JV Regionals semifinals. Calvary vs Cov Cath and Conner vs Cooper.
-
2025 JV NKY Regional Tournament
That's unfortunate! I've been out of the loop since my kid graduated, but trying to attend games as NKY always has the talent. However, I do feel like high school soccer is losing talented kids due to club pushing to year round and that is where recruiting takes place. I know Ohio has taken the hit this year with CUP moving to MLS next. I don't like it as high school should be a fun four years!
-
9th Region Week 5 Recap
Wow! Interesting week in the 9th. I hear in the 8th that SK goalie got a red in the St. Henry game this week as well.
-
2025 JV NKY Regional Tournament
I'm assuming Brossart gets the automatic win since Highlands doesn't have a JV team?
-
Covington Catholic 3 Dixie 1
I really wanted to check this game out but unfortunately couldn't make it. Heard they had a great crowd! Sounds like within 30 seconds both Dixie and Cov Cath got goals of each other. Lee Tucker for Dixie and Cole Bishop for Cov Cath. Halftime the score was 1-1. In the 46th minute, Cole Bishop connects for his second goal of the night. At the 51st minute, Cov Cath's Tanner Robertson finds the back of the net to make it 3-1. Twitter posted some highlights of the game and where I found my information. Does Blue Colonels move to 1st in 9th Region after handing the Red Colonels their first loss of the season? 9th region just keeps getting more interesting.
-
Covington Catholic 2 Moeller (OH) 1
Cov Cath scores early on a beautiful goal by Ethan Eibel. Before the half, a corner is placed perfectly in, hits the side bar, connects with Ryan Burke's head for the second goal to make it 2 nil Colonels. Second half Moeller came out a little stronger and finally gets one in the back of the net off a corner with less than 5 min to go. According to the fans, Cov Cath did a clean sweep of Moeller with Cov Cath freshman winning 2-0 and Cov Cath JV winning 3-1. With CUP joining MLS Next and kids not allowed to play high school has got Moeller seeing several new kids on the field. It's rather disappointing to see club soccer taking over high school soccer when high school should be a fun four years.
-
Covington Catholic 5 Dixie 0
Yes, I heard last night at the game that Dixie lost one of their best players to a broken tibia and will likely be out a few months. Hoping for a smooth recovery for him. From the game last night, four of the five goals were off of headers. Thanks @kyag for the write-ups and your game of the days!
-
Covington Catholic 5 Dixie 0
Blue Colonels won the battle in Park Hills. Two header goals by Wessels to take the halftime lead of 2-0. Majority of starters come out and Blue Colonels add three more goals from players off the bench.
-
Covington Catholic 3 Ryle 0
Cov Cath bounces back tonight. 1-0 halftime lead. 2nd half comes out scoring 2 goals with 24 min left and majority of starters come out for rest of game.