HOW ABOUT THIS FOR THE SEASON OPENER OF FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!!! What better way to start off the season going down to Lexington and having a Premier State matchup between the 4A Highlands Bluebirds visiting the 6A Frederick Douglass Broncos. Highlands snuck one out in Fort Thomas to start the season last year in 2OT 21-20. Kickoff: 7:30pm, Friday Aug 21st Douglass Outlook 6A Frederick Douglass returns a ton of top tier talent from a team that went 8-5 and bowed out in the playoffs in the Quarterfinals vs Ryle 27-28. They only lose 9 graduating Seniors. They also see Brady Ross who was QB1 at the beginning of last year transfer to Lex Cath. This transfer puts the ball securely into Jayden Guzman’s hands. He started all but the first 2 games of the season last year as a Freshman. He had a stat line of 106 for 189 completions, 1,228 yards, 14 TDs and 4 interceptions. He did not play in the opening game last year vs the Birds. The main offensive weapon for the Broncos is going to come out of the backfield with RB Dakari Talbert (Sr). He is in the discussions for Mr Kentucky football for sure. As a junior last year he rushes for over 1,400 yards and had 19 rushing TDs. Last year in this game he ran 21 times for 70 yards. Broncos defense is built around some Senior studs. 4 out of the top 5 tackles from last year are going to be prowling in the defense. The top returner has to be Tacori Fields in the LB position. He was the leading tackler last year for the Broncos. The other names that will be called a lot will be Thurman Wade another LB and then 2 CBs Demond Green and Clonne Conn. Now onto my Bluebirds! Probably the most talked about program in BGP history. This year it just feels different (I realize I have said it before but I don’t care!). When Sphire took over the program everyone saw this incoming class when they are Seniors with what is supporting them in the Junior and Sophomore classes, we could see some HIGH LEVEL talent flying around the football field. This is a team that is built to be so much fun to watch, they are not going to be one dimensional. They will have weapons to gain yards and beat you in all sorts of different ways. The Birds will be handing over the ball to the new Sophomore phenom QB1 Bryce Armstrong who has really lit up the stat sheet in the 2 Preseason scrimmages against Male & Ryle to go along with what he did last year in all the levels that he played. This will be a HUGE test for young Armstrong going up against grown men with FD defense. The Birds will also be returning Senior Tayden Lorenzen (athlete) and Junior Colt Kremer (RB). You also have the twin towers in Cooper and Griffin Benke as edge defensive rushers. Also returning hopefully healthy to anchor the Safety position on defense will be Senior Gabe Williams, who battled a back issue last year which shut him down halfway thru the season. There is so much talent on the skill positions to name them all….I love them all, who will step up big in this game? I like the Birds and the hype but the FD faithful will be out rocking this game to start their season. They will be celebrating their 10th season as a school/program. I believe this game will be streamed. I think @theguru posted the link already on another thread, hopefully he can hook me up and post the link on this thread now. Who you have? What did I miss? What are you wanting to see? I think all eyes will be on Birds OLine, how much protection will Bryce get? If not a lot of time, will he be smart and use his check downs to play it safe or will he try to force things. Based on the Broncos DB talent I am hoping he doesn’t force things too much. I realize this season is a marathon not a sprint but can we sprint to next Friday night? GO BIRDS!!!!!