Everything posted by Juneypoon
-
Great Crossing 57 Tates Creek 53
"What's in the water in Lexington". Do you mean Lexington teams losing?
-
Open Job: Bryan Station
The talent level hasn't been the same since Douglass opened up. Loss a lot of players to them and have yet to recover.
-
Frederick Douglass 77 Lafayette 70
Looking like Douglass my have been overlooked this year. Got some big wins early.
-
Sacred Heart 60 Anderson County 58
Game was closer then I thought it would be. The addition of Jenkins has propelled Anderson into a state contender. Sacred Heart was top 5 team right?
-
Cats Pause 10th region top players and teams
People are sleeping on Montgomery county. They had a young team that was competitive last season. A lot of good 8th graders who are talented and played valuable varsity minutes. I know new coach but I think they will surprise teams. Good guard play and chemistry. Those girls played AAU together and are up and coming!
-
Cats Pause 10th region top players and teams
You have made good points why summer AAU may matter and but not much about the small school thing. I have seen Zoe at summer camps and she works out in the summer. No summer games may hurt as far as exposure. But I have coach against GRC and Paris. So I have seen them all play. Zoe belongs in top ten easy. This ranking was done with much input from the coaches in the region.
-
Cats Pause 10th region top players and teams
Zoe Strings definitely belongs in the top 10. Summer ball has absolutely nothing to do with this ranking. I think ranking is about right. I have seen all these girls play up close and Zoe belongs. If she was at GRC, she would be in there top 3. Most nights team are zeroed in on stopping Strings to beat Paris. That may be a different story this year with much improved players around her. You don't have to want to play at the next level to be top 10.
-
Cats Pause 8th region Top teams and players
Amiya Jenkins is new to Anderson County.
-
Cats Pause 8th region Top teams and players
Watch out for Amiya Jenkins. A fantastic soph who transferred from Henry Clay HS. She would absolutely be on this list if you knew of her.
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
With Scott County not losing much. They are still the favorites in the 11th? But I can see why some would put Franklin County ahead. Having the top PG in the region and help around her. Again, like guru said ranking are just that. Scott County must have had trouble getting teams to schedule them. The exodus thing came from the coach. Can't argue with the success the have had.
-
Former longtime Henry Clay HS boys Head Coach passed away.
Great tip in by Greg Bates!
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
Nobody else has put their top 10 teams, looking at some preseason ranking for the 11th region. I see Franklin County is ranked above Scott County. Are they the strongest?
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
Not sure which players left Scott County to go to Great Crossings, but i was told some unhappy parents lead an exodus of players to go to the new school.
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
Henry Clay still has plenty of talent and experience. But Jenkins and Kauffman are key losses. I might should have put Great Crossings on the list. I understand they got some of the talent that Scott County had.
-
Class of 2020 Top Players
Is Langhi related to the former Vanderbilt player?
-
Class of 2020 Top Players
A lot of the times we are not aware of players in western KY. Please help make us aware of some of the top player in the west.
-
Top Freshmen this year
Saw Macy Runner last year as eighth grader. I was super impressed. She is not only a shooter but can handle it and make plays.
-
Class of 2022 Top 5 Players
Sorry. The before mentioned girls play at Tates Creek HS. Add Jada McDonald to that list also from Tates Creek.
-
Top Freshmen this year
Sorry. These girls play at Tates Creek HS.
-
Top Freshmen this year
Jada Bell Malaya Jackson
-
Class of 2022 Top 5 Players
Caty Armishaw Alisce Lyvers Maddie Kauffman Elyse Baker Joyce Mukalamusi
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
Agree, Brooklyn is big time talent. She has some help also, and that is why Franklin County is at the top in the 11th.
-
Former longtime Henry Clay HS boys Head Coach passed away.
Longtime Herny Clay Head Coach Al Prewitt, state championship 1983, passes away. One of the best to do it in this state!
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
I feel like the 11th will look a lot like it did last year with a few changes. Here is my top 10. 1. Scott Co. 2. Franklin Co. 3. Henry Clay 4. Dunbar 5. Berea 6. Lexington Catholic 7. Madison Southern 8. Lafayette 9. Great Crossings 10. Tates Creek
-
11th Region tops teams and sleepers
Who will be the top 10 teams in the 11th Region and who may surprise people in 2019-20?