Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers Curtain

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Steelers Curtain

  1. Thanks! I could not remember if they won it. Wilfong was a great athlete and pitcher! Now I'm getting visions of O'Hara and and Jerry Turner! lol!
  2. Of course you would come to NKU's defense. And stab David in the back. Tyler is all over the news, get the highlights from them.
  3. I had forgot about it. Talk about bad luck of the draw in the Sweet 16! Thanks for reminding me. I think :( NewCath had a Pangallo (Jimmy?) leading that team, right? That was after the Cowens twins had graduated if I remember.
  4. Did Wilfong lead NewCath to the baseball state title his senior year in the 70s? I can't remember? Know it's another sport, but Wilfong was also a great basketball player.
  5. You are right! Forgot about that NewCath squad. Was that the infamous losing record team that beat them in the state? You are 100% right!
  6. Is Tyler Bezold from Holy Cross a fit for a Division I, II, or III program? From watching him I think he can play be a very good II player, and maybe a great III player. If his father had not been unfairly treated by the dumpster fire of a university called NKU, I think Tyler could have been a good walk on player there. No chance at that now. I have heard Christian Brothers, Thomas More and small schools up north are in on him. My best guess is he ends up in Division II.
  7. Dave "Elmer" Faust is now the coach at St. Henry and does a great job. The Devoto brothers were great players for NewCath. I almost forgot Kenny Wilfong from that era, another fine basketball and baseball player!
  8. That is correct. But NewCath also won 2 or 3 consecutive regional titles under Coach John Gross in the early 70s. Dave "Elmer" Faust and Joe Devoto and Gary Devoto and Charlie Craddock led the Breds. Gross then surprisingly left for another coaching job and NewCath did not win another regional until about 2000.
  9. We have ties to both Holy Cross and NewCath. CovCath is also a great school. Has to do with family connections with Holy Cross and NewCath.
  10. More evidence of lack of fundamentals at Newport I previously mentioned. I saw ZERO hustle on that play by Newport, tons of hustle by Bezold. Result is a basket for Holy Cross, bickering among Newport players and coaches.
  11. Well, I do not play the lottery. Wish I could help you on that one. lol!
  12. NewCath will always have good players. Very good school, good coaches, good people. It is a school parents want their kids to attend. I have a 11 year old son who I will send to either Holy Cross or NewCath because I know academics are great and sports are taught the right way.
  13. Name calling shows how immature you are. But I see the mods already sanctioned you for it. I am correct about 99% of the time because the predictions I make are obvious. Like Holy Cross beating Newport, or both St. Henry and Bellevue losing tonight. You can also mark down my prediction about Highlands beating Newport in the district in a few weeks. My buddy jackofalltrades will vouch for my predictions.
  14. And I'm right about 99% of the time. See my NFL posts about the Steelers vs Bengals in the playoff games for reference. Or tonight's Holy Cross win vs Newport.
  15. None at all. Bellevue scored 14 total points in a entire game last week and is overmatched. St. Henry gets a lot out of what they have, a credit to their coach, but they have little shot at winning. Too much size and talent to overcome.
  16. Maybe it was 1981 and not 1982. You might be right!
  17. Mason County was 30-0 in 1982. Not sure if they won the regional. Apollo went 35-0 in 1978 (year before Grant County's run) but Apollo got bounced in the state tournament.
  18. That sounds correct. Eminence had a guard named Lamont Sleets who played at Murray State. He led Eminence to the big upset over Grant County in the district finals. I was not sure if Eminence won the regional or Grant County.
  19. I think Steve Howe was an all-state player for Grant County during that undefeated regular season. Not sure if Grant County won the regional but they did lose in the district finals to Eminence.
  20. I am not hammering Newport, was just pointing out something to another poster who was rationalizing the reinstatement of Mullins. No ill will toward them. Holy Cross all the way. Go Tribe!
  21. Grant County in 1979, like 29-0. They then lost somehow in the district finals to Eminence.
  22. Only three players taking all the shots. NO teamwork whatsoever from this group. Two of the players are only worried about firing up 28 footers, and Mullins shoots the ball every time he gets it or complains about his teammates shooting. No chemistry on this team. Too bad cause they have good athletes, no concept of playing together.
  23. lol. I don't think so. Highlands is getting better as season progresses, Newport just hurt season by letting Mullins back on court. You haven't been correct about anything yet, so Highlands is feeling good about your prediction. BTW, Holy Cross beat Newport. Another of your predictions gone wrong.
  24. From the outside looking in since I have seen Newport 3 times and Highlands 2 times this year, I think that district's other regional rep will probably be Highlands. I think the Bluebirds will knock off the Wildcats in the district elimination game. I know Newport beat them by a point earlier, but that will only give Highlands the edge in the district.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.